PDA

View Full Version : Having problems here!

Ally985
06-22-2002, 01:30 AM
Ok WTF is wrong with chat? The past few times I've tried to get in, it doesn't work. It keeps saying that EIRC wasn't found. I've tried using MIRC also (instead of java). BUT, the damn thing tells me that server armageddon.theliberation.net can't be found. A little help, PLEASE!:cry:

Selah
06-22-2002, 01:31 AM
I never go into chat. last time i went it was kinda boring!

Mitsukara
06-22-2002, 02:02 AM
You could try using one of these alternative servers with mIRC...

storm.theliberation.net
agserver.no-ip.com
irc.theliberation.net

To use a specific server with mIRC32, just go to File> Options>, whereupon you should see a selection box thing stating what server you're using, to the left of some buttons. Click the nearby "add" button, paste one of the above into the "IRC Server" textbox, and fill in a description (or just paste the server adress in that textbox as well, if you wish) in order to add a server to the list of servers you can access (the lower of the two textboxes seen to the left of the Add button). You only need to do this once per server unless the data somehow gets deleted. Anyway, then just click on the tab button (the [v] button) next to the textbox to select which server you want to use. (Note: You can also do any or all of this on the connection window that opens when you first open mIRC32.)

Sorry, I hope that explanation wasn't too poorly worded... I don't explain things very well.

EDIT: You should also note that chat is most active between 8:00* PM and 2:30 AM, usually. It can sometimes be active between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM, as well, and even active into 4:00 AM on the right days. On the other hand, chat can be incredibly dead at those times, and almost always dead between 5:00 am and 10:00 PM.

*- All times CDT; one hour earlier than Eastern Daylight Time

Dechipher
06-22-2002, 02:23 AM
jesus, you sound like a friggin radio add or something...:)

Gerudo
06-22-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Selah
I never go into chat. last time i went it was kinda boring! just becuase its boring once doesnt mean its boring all the time...

Rafnul
06-22-2002, 02:31 AM
Yeah, for crying out loud, one of the worst periods of my life began in AG chat.

Drunken Tiger
06-22-2002, 03:26 AM
When i go on there is rarely anyone there with me... But when there is its pretty cool...

Rafnul
06-22-2002, 03:35 AM
Well from now on, I should be on like 18/7.

Darunia
06-22-2002, 04:43 AM
I go a lot.. but at those hours, is silencious...

And later, dies a lot too, I never come at the good hours :(