PDA

View Full Version : I haven't had an update for a while...

Dracula
06-21-2002, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure if anyone remembers... "Castlevania: Trail of Blood"? My first quest now in construction. Well, it's a bitch right now. It looks great, sidescrolling levels like in SOTN, since it's unlinear, but... Simon is pissing me off. The damn tiles aren't cooperating with me, so Simon can float. How about that, huh? I'm not gonna give up on it, but again I'm taking a break... making an easier quest...

Castlevania Remake
Zelda Style

http://www.webspawner.com/users/cvrmk1/zelda002.bmp
Cool little intro, with lightning, a Mode7-like cloud display, and a melting Dracula face.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/cvrmk1/zelda003.bmp
Simon, ready to enter the Castle, gets chased by thos friggin ghost skulls.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/cvrmk1/zelda004.bmp
Well, being surrounded by zombies, bats, and vampires right at the begining of a game isn't the worst thing ever.

Those are all from level one. If I had more time, I'd post more. Oh, and not to mention, the music kicks ass. Thought that would help out a little. So, whadya think so far?

Spike
06-21-2002, 07:35 PM
Looks nice so far Dracula. Need help? Just give me a yell and I'll help on whatever ya need! Even custom tiles! :D

Praethus
06-21-2002, 11:05 PM
That third pic is hard to look at. Maybe if you darken the pallette a little.

Spike
06-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Yeah, it is a little hard to look at, but if you just dark the colors of the sprites I think it would help, and maybe along with darkening the sprites you could lighten the tiles... to fit in with the classic look of Castlevania! :D Hope I helped.

Dracula
06-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I'm fixing that. Those are some older pics, so I'll have to make new snapshots. I put a black border arounf the sprites that are too small or too bright, so it should be ok now. Some really need that for Level 2.

Spike
06-21-2002, 11:38 PM
:lmao: Troublesome. If you wouldn't mind would you send me like a beta or somethin' to me at SpikeZQ ([email protected])be cause it looks awesome and it has such a nice dungeon layout.

Dracula
06-24-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Spike
:lmao: Troublesome. If you wouldn't mind would you send me like a beta or somethin' to me at SpikeZQ ([email protected])be cause it looks awesome and it has such a nice dungeon layout.

Sure, that will be fine. I just need to finish up a few things... (level one is done, level two is getting there, the other levels can wait for the other release)

Kairyu
06-24-2002, 09:44 AM
Out of curiosity, what does, "Simon can float" mean, exactly? How far off the ground can he float? Anyway, I'd expect nothing less from a Castlevania game (Seriously difficult), but it seems the difficulties are on the wrong end! Try outlining sprites with Black lines, like other people said, and darken the general pallettes a smidge. This is Dracula's castle, after all, and the Count has a certain tendency towards darkness... Looks pretty good.

Let me guess at something... The 8 hearts you start off with means that you don't get any more hearts, right? I like that idea. It works well in quests like that.