PDA

View Full Version : My first quest, "Journey to the Four Corners of the Earth"

Angrysnake
06-21-2002, 02:01 PM
I've finally began a project. My quest is going to (no offense) prove plith wrong that all newbie quests are crap. After practising on making a few small quests, I have began to create my first ever quest, "Journey to the Four Corners of the Earth" (the name shall probably change) It is first in what I hope to be a 5 part story (but will probably be just 2 or 3 if I want to start something original) where Link is on a journey to put the 3 peices of the Triforce back together again and seal them back in their temple.

It's in very early development (I only started it yesterday. Haven't even started the 1st Dungeon) but I hope to make it as enjoyable as possible for a first attempt. stay posted for screenshots...

Spike
06-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Sounds cool Angry Snake, I can't wait to see what you've come up with! :D

Angrysnake
06-26-2002, 11:22 AM
I've just hit a milestone. About a quarter or a half of my overworld has been completed already. I couldn't do the dungeons, so I just concentrated on the overworld. I'm still experimenting with a few things. Believe me, for my 1st quest, this is gonna be good

EIHoppe
06-26-2002, 04:13 PM
Actually, I didn't see the thread in the list. :P Sounds like a plan. Let me know when you have a beta ready, I'll beta test it. I'm also working on a quest to prove plith wrong, but I have a feeling he'll play it for 2 seconds, and say it's crap... Ah well, such is life.

ZeldaFan001
06-26-2002, 04:32 PM
Here is my only question: What tileset are you going to use? (It seems graphics are important to me now. I used to not care.)

Angrysnake
06-26-2002, 04:49 PM
I'm using the Lttp tile set. Now this may sound like I'm getting ahead of myself, but I've gotten used to it, and the only problem is the doors, which Spike has fixed and is sending to me probably as we speak. as for beta testing, I probably won't make a beta until I've finished two or three dungeons. Most of my work has went into the overworld.

Dark_Xero
06-26-2002, 10:05 PM
If I were you, I would get it beta tested in secret, it's no good to have each beta released to the public, then they'll know what to expect when they are halfway through and everyone will have completed it.

DarkSFK
06-26-2002, 11:16 PM
I wanna see screenshots! And, I also have a quest to prove Plith wrong, seems everyone does these days! (Except mine really will, at least the new one, the old one was ok, but not my best).

EIHoppe
06-26-2002, 11:20 PM
What do you say we all release our quests at the same time and surprise plith?

EDIT: Poopy. The spoiler tags don't work anymore...:(

Spike
06-26-2002, 11:26 PM
Sure, it sounds like a plan to me, I also have a quest I am working on which will also hopefully disturb his inner essence of newbie quest hating! :p :D