PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark 2 on what system?

Grasshopper
06-21-2002, 10:38 AM
Was there anything released talking about this game or Rare? It's only the way people talk, and just my own eerie feelings, but I get the impression that this game isn't coming out on the cube. Perhaps X-box, or PS2 but not the Cube. Thats just the feeling I get. And little comments like this "And if all that wasn't convincing enough for you, rest assured that by owning multiple systems you'll be 100% prepared to play the next Perfect Dark game." just gets me wondering. Ah well.
:shrug:

EWild
06-21-2002, 10:39 AM
Ummmm your wrong. It only on the Cube. Sorry but Rare isn't making it on any other systems.

Kairyu
06-21-2002, 10:44 AM
There aren't any plans currently to create a Perfect Dark 2. I'd guess you're thinking of Perfect Dark Zero? That'll be for the 'Cube. It was shown as a GCN demo at a Spaceworld or something, and the PD series is made by Rare, a 2nd Party developer for Nintendo, meaning they only make games for Nintendo systems.

Grasshopper
06-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Ok, remember a while back how speculation about Rare and Nintendo's contract running out. And it was rumored that Nintendo had yet to renew the contract. Then IGN jokes around about how to get info about the new PD game, check this ps2 site. And then IGN made the comment they did above like they act like they don't know 100% if it's going to be on Cube or not. Thats why I was asking, to see if anyone knew for sure if Rare was still 2nd party or not.

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-21-2002, 11:07 AM
IGN have completely fucked the rumours out of proportion, the actual rumour is that rare are to be bought by activision, but i think rare are just letting the rumours go around, u know what their like and i think Nintendo are gonna buy rare.

obi
06-21-2002, 11:10 AM
The good old folks at Twycross are one for Nintendo, I think the Stamper Bros and Nintendo have some sort of aliance, you know what I mean :)

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-21-2002, 11:14 AM
And may it continue to the end!:)

Dark_Xero
06-21-2002, 11:14 AM
I can't wait til PDZ comes to the cube! I'm gonna but it the day it comes out.

Cronic
06-21-2002, 11:36 AM
They project it to be released in... 2004 =/

Dark_Xero
06-21-2002, 11:38 AM
:O nnnoooooooooooooooooo I have to wait two WHOLE years for the next perfect dark?!?!?!?!? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

zables
06-21-2002, 01:50 PM
speaking of the new perfect dark... is there anywhere i can get some good info on it?

Mak-X
06-21-2002, 02:48 PM
The last I read about Perfect Dark Zero was about a half a year ago or so and it wasn't even in production.

There have been rumors about Rare leaving Nintendo to go multiplatform, because they could since they've never been tied to Nintendo to where they always had to make games for them. But I think these rumors are coming from the fact that Rare hasn't gotten any new games out and all the previously announced games such as Donkey Kong Racing, Kameo, Diddy Kong Pilot, and Perfect Dark Zero haven't been shown in a long time. This is probably because they've been working on Starfox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet with Nintendo for a long time, and the other games aren't ready so its too soon to show them off anymore.