PDA

View Full Version : sympathy post

Beldaran
06-21-2002, 06:42 AM
I NEED SYMPATHY. It's 4am and my nose is totally plugged up like concrete, my head hurts, I can't sleep, and I'm sneezing like crazy. My allergies are killing me. I'm so miserable. I need sympathy please.:(

Mander
06-21-2002, 06:57 AM
That's terrible that you are feeling so bad. Haven't you got any medication to help? Have you tried steaming. That usually helps me.

Discombobulator
06-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Get a cup of hot tea, and mix in some Jack Daniels. That'll either cure you or knock you out. :)

Beldaran
06-21-2002, 07:33 AM
[basks in the warm glow of mander's sympathy]

What is steaming?

Discombobulator
06-21-2002, 07:36 AM
Steaming is putting your head over a sink full of hot water mixed with something that gives off strong fumes. Eucalyptus oil helps.

obi
06-21-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
It's 4am and my nose is totally plugged up like concrete,

This may sound strange but I can fix your nose!

First pinch your nose with your fingers, closing them, then blow out of your nose while holding it, you should then be able breat out of your nose for a while now, It has alwas worked for me ;)

Drunken Tiger
06-21-2002, 09:44 AM
That nose sucks.... That always happened to me when i was little and i was a grumply little F$%# because i didnt get my sleep.. Over time it got better.. I dont know why.. But it just did...

I hope you get better soon...:thumbsup:

Masamune
06-21-2002, 10:04 AM
i hear ya man! every summer i have like 20 of those nights.

goKi
06-21-2002, 10:08 AM
i had that all during my exams, its was horrible.

try everything, occasionally you stumble across something that will work.

K-Teclis
06-21-2002, 10:10 AM
I'm for steaming! That really helps!

King Link
06-21-2002, 10:22 AM
That sucks.

I hate it when my nose gets plugged up, it annoys me, especially if I have to go to school.

What's worse are eye infections in the morning. Once I woke up and the puss from my eye infection had gotten into my eyelashes, sticking them together. I woke up and I couldn't open my eyes! My lashes were stuck together. I had to rinse themin water for half an hour until I could open them.

But hate plugged nose. Too bad, hope you feel better soon Belaran, good luck.

Rijuhn
06-21-2002, 01:11 PM
I hate it too, but thankfully I've not had that in awhile, and trust me, I know what you're going through. When I had a dog it was so bad that I couldn't even let my dog in my room because at night I would sleep in a puddle of tears, mucus, and ear goo.

Ally985
06-21-2002, 03:22 PM
AWWWWWWW! Poor Baby! I feel your pain, I'm going through the same awful S**T. This is gonna sound strange, but it always works for me. Stuff the ends of a kleenex into each nostril and leave them there while you sleep. You'll look ridiculous, but it really helps.:D

Beldaran
06-21-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Ally985
AWWWWWWW! Poor Baby! I feel your pain, I'm going through the same awful S**T. This is gonna sound strange, but it always works for me. Stuff the ends of a kleenex into each nostril and leave them there while you sleep. You'll look ridiculous, but it really helps.:D

I admit to having done this. Ah, the lows to which we sink.:)

Paradox
06-21-2002, 06:01 PM
get better soon OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11