PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cloud

Cronic
06-21-2002, 02:30 AM
Anyone played this game?

I personally can't count the number of ripped off concepts, and yet I can't put it down because it manages to pull off uniquenes at the same time... I like being able to build my own 3d enviroment though and it looks as though a seqeul would definitly be a great step ahead.

All in all it was certainly worth the 10 bucks.

Well back to bed for me =)

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/darkchronicle/english/darkcloud2-03.jpg

Actually... That's a screen for the sequel and I really don't like the animated touch =(

Daarkseid
06-21-2002, 02:43 AM
You're probably going to have to get used to the fact that half the games made during this console cycle will utilize animated Cel shading graphics. The Japanese love their animation and games will be more profitable when made in that fashion, and many Americans enjoy it too, such as myself.

Cronic
06-21-2002, 02:44 AM
It just clashes too much for my liking =/

AlexMax
06-21-2002, 08:16 AM
Cry me a river, Darth Cronic.

^_^

Orion
06-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Eh... I bought if for 20, and it was still worth it. Kinda fun. My friend bought it for 50. So Muahahaha. Hahahaha.

Warlock
07-02-2002, 12:18 AM
I hope they fix weapon durability.. like what they did with Diablo II.. it is a bitch to loose your hard-modified weapon perminately because some werewolf took down it's AP (or whatever the abbr. for the stuff was) too much

Blonde799
07-02-2002, 12:23 AM
And get rid of the goddamn need for water. I hate the fact of going out a dungeon to get a refill on bottled water. It's not that bad to live a few minutes without water is it?

Blonde799
07-02-2002, 12:25 AM
And they better get rid of the goddamn need for water. I hate the fact of going out a dungeon to get a refill on bottled water, or getting dehydrated in a boss fight. It's not that bad to live a few minutes without water is it? EDIT: How in the world...AGN must be screwin up again.:rolleyes:

SSJ3500
07-02-2002, 03:31 AM
I played dark could a long time ago and posted a topic about how much of a rip off it was, its almost a year old topic though. And the game is good but has a lot of ripped off stuff, worth playing though.