PDA

View Full Version : job

Paradox
06-20-2002, 10:28 PM
i got a job at some hardware/outdoor store in my town a few days ago. i start friday. only part time. its my first job!!!!!!!!!

Lom2000
06-20-2002, 10:29 PM
cangrts...i bet u will hate it in a week or so...j/p

Discombobulator
06-20-2002, 10:32 PM
Have fun!:) Outdoors stores are actually kinda fun to work in.

Selah
06-20-2002, 10:32 PM
Congrats hope you get a lota money. have fun

monkey (sorry had to add it)

Rafnul
06-20-2002, 10:34 PM
Yeah, just about all the kids in my school work at Menards... It's wierd... There's like all kinds of inside jokes going on about things that happen at Menards.

It's your first job eh? Well please tell us if you think its hell, ok?

Cyclone
06-21-2002, 01:52 AM
In a week, I'm sure it WILL be hell. *LOL*

I work answering phones, and it's almost three months now (ten days), and I now understand why some people told me early on I'd soon hate the job. Funny thing is, I don't let the same things get to me the way they do, and I'm kinda enjoying it.

Cyclone

UnholyFreak
06-21-2002, 02:15 AM
congrats..:D

Drunken Tiger
06-21-2002, 03:51 AM
Congrats to you!!

Good Luck...

Im still in the process of trying to find a job...:rolleyes:

I havent even written a resume....

goKi
06-21-2002, 05:28 AM
congrats, work is cool... money is an asset like no other :)

Paradox
06-21-2002, 12:34 PM
well, i worked 9-12 in the morning today. i signed some papers then watched an old lady work at the cash register. i looked at what items can/can't be taxed (its very confusing). after that for the next 2 1/2 hours i opened boxes of stuff and had to put a price sticker on them with my price sticker gun thingy. it was really annoying because right when i thought it was done i got another load of boxes (which had boxes inside them, which had lots of stuff). lots of the stuff was scotch tape @ 1.29 each - 24 in each little box then 6 little boxes in each big box! it was pretty good though, i think...

Ally985
06-21-2002, 04:07 PM
My job is pretty cool, I don't have one! I send my husband off to work, and I stay home with the kids. Beats the hell out of a nine-to-fiver!

plith
06-22-2002, 01:15 AM
I gotta wait till a little over a week for now before I can even apply for a job. Gonna be stuck in West Virginia till then. And when I get back maybe I can work at a Blockbuster or CVS or some other piece of crap.

blckscab
06-22-2002, 09:43 AM
I work in a garden nursary and move all of the heavy things and plants around, sweep up, weed plant beds, etc...
Hard work though, and I get £5 for 1 3/4 hours.

millmill
06-22-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm currently working in the storeroom of one of the local hospitals, and it is HELL. I work M-F, from 7am-3:30 delivering packages throughout the building, putting stock away, and restocking the nursing departments. What pisses me off more than anything, though, is that most of the nurses there treat me like shit.

Cyclone
06-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by millmill
I'm currently working in the storeroom of one of the local hospitals, and it is HELL. I work M-F, from 7am-3:30 delivering packages throughout the building, putting stock away, and restocking the nursing departments. What pisses me off more than anything, though, is that most of the nurses there treat me like shit.

Well, the fact that they treat you like crap constitutes a crappy job.

Mine is kinda annoying in itself, sometimes. I sit at a computer - a typical, mostly disabled Windows computer, in some respects - and wait for a phone call to come to me. I handle the phone call, verifying the order involved with it, or cancelling if the order wasn't made (which doesn't explain how it actually came to me, since the people who send us these "orders" are incompetent), or whatever other reason. I then either get another call immediately (if there are calls waiting), or sit and wait for my next call (a matter of seconds, often).

What blows about this job is that I am the prey of any angry customer that is directed to my extension. Simply put, if the customer did not actually place the order, I am the idiot who is trying to force her into something. Or, if the phone number is wrong on the order, I am the one who is stupid for not having the correct phone number. Or - and this really happened - after repeating a social security number given for an order, as required, the lady on the other end - who I could tell right away when I got the call was in a hurry, and I was already rushing through in order to get processed - angrily questioned, "Are you educated?" Somehow managing to hold my temper, I managed to comment that I am, and began to ask the next question. She called me a dick and started cussing about how she didn't have time.

The insult was enough; I cancelled the order (using proper verbiage, which was a miracle to get out) and hung up immediately, knowing that if someone objected to my handling of the call, I would be freed as soon as I referenced the obscene insult portrayed in the call, as it would have stemmed to Human Rights issues then, and would have just been a Human Resources mess with me as the benefactor. :laughing:

NEway, yeah...that's my job.

Cyclone