PDA

View Full Version : My story....

obi
06-20-2002, 05:55 AM
GATE OF DESTINY

A dark cloud hovered over the horizon, followed by icy winds it was imminent that a snowstorm would break out soon.
“Come on man, if you want to see it, I suppose you hurry up, that is if you want to reach the summit in time”
“Yeah well, Jakie, your not the carrying all the supplies eh? So cut me some slack okay?”
“Hey, the challenge was that we get to the top of the crater and take a image of the riff before Sundown”
“And who was the one who accepted it? Who, was the one who dragged me into this mess eh? Why do I let you talk me into these things?”
“Stop complaining Tiqo, we’ve done it plenty of times before,”
“Yeah but before I was warm and in a ship, not dangling 500ft of the top of the damn thing, I mean where did you get this damn old climbing gear? What is it, a thousand years old or something?”
“We’ll get through this,”
“Is it me or is it cold up here?”
“It can’t be cold up here, this is one of the most warmest places on earth. But, now that you mention it, it is quite cold. Strange.”

The riff or better known as the aroaborialas is the result of cosmic gas from the sun colliding with the earth’s atmosphere creating a nice show of lights. But in this area it can only be taken in high up areas.
Normally, this region is very hot because it is in the equatorial regions, even at this altitude.
Tiqo reluctantly continued to climb, but yet he could not figure out why it was so cold on the cliff face of the crater.
He stood up tall on the vertical cliff face he had been climbing for the last 3 hours. He looked down at 500ft drop then he looked up at the rest he had to climb.
“Jakie, how long till we get to the top?”
“About 300ft!”
“We might actually beat Challenge…(might, but probably won’t)”

An icy wind blew over the cliff face of the El Bángos crater in Africa. In 2238, an asteroid about the size of Manhattan Island fell in the North-eastern region of Africa, as did one in 2288, on the eastern side of Russia and in 2338, it crushed England and most of the European coast was washed away. During these three falls, America was showered by debris.
The second Millennium was nicknamed the Millennium of Hell as these ‘50 year’ asteroids wiped out almost all of the Earth’s population.
Only the rich, intelligent, skilled and most important survived as they were put into stasis by the worlds governments.
The world was in a Dark Iceage like state for 20 years after the third asteroid hit.
As Tiqo continued to climb something caught the corner of his eye, it was a cave. It was about 15ft away from him. He figured its’ opening was about 3m wide and 6m high and it went in quite far.
“Hey Jakie”
“Yeah Tiqo?”
“Last time we came, was there a cave here?”
“Of course not, this crater is only a thousand years old, and the only people that have been here are the Sankt Kingdom has been around 400 years, right? No could have settled here, it would be too hot, and too high”
“Well there’s a cave here but there wasn’t one before”
“We’ll check it out on the way down”
“Fine with me, how far till we be up?”
“Just under 100ft”
“Is it me or is it getting colder up here?”

During the Iceage many people died mutated viruses, many people around where the asteroids hit became mutated and acquired extra appendages.
The Sankt Kingdom appeared in the year 2900 when some weary travellers (Humans and Mutants alike) took refuge near the crater which was no longer radioactive and, was actually quite a paradise after the twenty years of darkness.
The radiation from the comet did not damage the earth in any way in fact it healed the planet and made it more ample with life.
The settlers slowly but surely, created a kingdom where everybody worked together and there were no problems. This utopian society grew into the vastly occupating Sankt Kingdom.
Of course all places, no matter how beautiful, have problems and the Sankt Kingdom was no exception.
“We made it!”
“We might not be quick enough”
“Wha?”
“Sundown in thirty seconds and the riff is fading”
Tiqo calmly ripped apart the bag in search for the holocamera…
“Jakie! we missed it”
“No we didn’t”
“What?”
“I took the liberty of removing the camera from your bag an put it in mine”
“So we got the picture? All right!”
“We’ll have to stay the night Tiqo, Get the gear out.”
“Can’t stay up here, the cp says a mach 5 snowstorm is headed our way”
“Mach 5 ? are you certain ? It shouldn’t even rain up here, let alone snow.”
“We should get down to that cave, I think it was about 100ft down”
“Hm…”

There were many organisations in the Sankt Kingdom, and almost all of then held some kind of grudge against the governors and the officials that ran the kingdom.
One of these was called Leviathan, an organisation bent on showing just how defective the system really was. Mainly run by vigilantes who had had enough of seeing innocent people whom they knew and cared about, be destroyed by the corrupted officials. They would attack areas of high importance to the kingdom, they would try to crumble it. And then one day the emperor was assassinated, nobody knew who to blame. The emperor was not born in that time, he was found in a stasis chamber near where the heart of the kingdom was originally built, on an old nuclear radiation bunker.
There were many of these in Africa, many important world officials were put into stasis here before the first asteroid hit and many more after.
In 2282 scientists found a probable extinction asteroid heading for earth and they told the world to prepare for the worst.
By this time the power of the atom had truly been harnessed, it was discovered that stasis chambers were possible and that they worked without harming the person inside. The first test subject Jach Priboi was subjected to short stasis leaps back in the
220’s and then a large one for twenty years. It was found that by rapidly reducing the subject’s internal and external temperatures to absolute zero, they could almost be frozen in time. The body would not age because its atomic particles would be frozen but, reviving the subject was another mater. By super heating the cambers external surface with coolant magma, they could easily revive the one way time traveller with only few side affects, numbness. The biggest discovery was made when Jach was revived in 242. He went in at the age of 32 and left twenty years later at the age of 32.
“They told me not to worry, they said it would be just like all the other times, I stepped in to the camber as I did many times before, I took a look at the room, my friends, the equipment. I then took a breath in and raised my hand as to say good bye. But before I could do so they disappeared, the equipment had suddenly moved and I no longer saw the face of my young friends, but the faces of their children that had reached my knees before but were now taller that I was. All this happened as I waved my hand, no longer to say good bye, but, hello. ”
Jach had started to encourage the government to start a stasis program, which would revive the people automatically after 300 years. The world was put into a state of panic as more and more people wanted to survive the so-called extinction asteroid.
Days before first asteroid hit scientists discovered three more asteroids the first one was fifty years away, the second, another fifty but the third was about 1000 years away due to hit in around the year 3306.
The current year is 3305 August. Earth was about to be crippled again, without even knowing it.
Tiqo Uri is a member of the Leviathan foundation. A highly trained operative but now decommissioned since it took new power. 26 years old and 6ft 8” with dark, short brown hair.
Jakie was found trapped in a stasis unconscious and suffering from amnesia. He is unaware of his age but has been told to be in his twenties, 6ft 10”, has long grey hair and has a scar from his right shoulder going across is chest and down the left side of his face.
Apparently, Jakie was in the stasis chamber for around 1070 years according to his chamber and was revived in 3300 by a group of 6 scientists who worked for the Leviathan foundation. They kept him a secret until they were able to break up the foundation in the year 3302, they also gave him his name, Jakie Tesng. Tiqo, Jakie and a few others were put into training for the next 3 years by these scientists one of whom was the only ‘normal’ human of the six, his name Khatukh Raderré. The others were killed a year later by an unknown cause.
The wind was howling out side of the dank cave like a wolf howls at the moon that Jakie and Tiqo were staying in. The cave seemed small on the outside but it turned out to be the start of a Labyrinth of dark damp tunnels. They only had a little power left in their cp or Central Processor which basically was like small person, an interactive, speech interface. They had to get deep in the cave other wise the snow would get them.
They followed the first tunnel to their left, then to their right, climbed the right hand side of a nearby ledge and finally made camp in the third cave on their left.

obi
06-20-2002, 05:58 AM
“It’s amazing,…truly amazing.”
“What?”
“Just look at those walls, these pictographs were done in our time..”
“What do they say?”
“Well it starts off with an asteroid.. and a date”
“And how can you tell that genius?”
“It’s in English, and Japanese. It goes on to show…”
Jakie fell to he knees suddenly, clutching his head as if in pain. “The—other—2”
“Jakie! Are you all right?”
“So—many—memories……Ahg!”
Jakie had collapsed, yet his eyes were wide open as if he was in some kind of trance.
“Where am I?… Better yet who am I?”
“You are a man, who existed in a time long ago, almost 11 centuries.” Echoed a voice from beyond the darkness. Jakie started to search through his mind and all the memories he couldn’t remember before rushed into his conscious mind- With all those memories, it became hard to think.
“My, name? Ja-kie, no, no no, My name is…… What is my name? Ahhg! Too-many-memories, can’t think.”
The voice spoke again “Wake up…” but this time it sounded almost familiar, “Wake up Jakie…” then it cut out again. Jakie started to come round.
“Who-are-you?”
“It’s me man, Tiqo. What Happened?”
“I can re-mem-ber” Whispered Jakie. “I can remember!” Jakie again became unconscious.
“Where’s that CP? Got it, computer run a diagnostic program, What’s wrong with him?”
The computer screen flickered on and the once poorly lit tunnel became hot with bright light. It buzzed as the computer laser-scanned Jakie.
“It turns out that your grey-haired friend had a reaction to some sort of radiation in the area”
“But there can’t be any radiation in this area, its been docile for 1000 years!”
“The radiation is coming from a small source near by, my scanners can detect it for you.”

“I’m reading polyduranate ahead, activating sonic blasters. Cover your ears!”
The sonic blasters were designed to take out structures that the guns couldn’t, and polyduranate was one of those things.
Zzztt zztt zztt. This was all that could be heard a sonic waves blasted through the polyduranate.
“15km to source, it seems like the rumbling has stopped”
“Let’s make a move, don’t forget that sword Tiqo, we might need it”
Jakie and Tiqo began to follow the VMD’s tracks. They eventually reached the ledge that the VMD fell off and absailed down.
When they reached the polyduranate there was a noticeable difference in the kind of tunnel made by the gattling gun and the sonic blaster. While the gat gun’s hole was rough and rigid, the sonic blaster’s hole smooth and rounded.
They eventually reached the VMD and demolecularised it. Tiqo walked into circular room before him and looked about in awe. The room itself was quite small, only about 6m in diameter with a thick pole running down the centre with something that looked like control panel on it.
“Wow, Jakie take a look at this, Jakie? Hey Jakie!”
Jakie stood there with a blank look on his face, he gently spoke the words “I remem-ber” fell on his knees and then face flat on the floor.
“Jakie! JAKIE! Computer! Computer!! Damn it! The VMD!”
Tiqo brought up the mini vac that the VMD was stored in, pressed the buttons, and the droid appeared.
“Scan mode! Life signs on Jakie!”
“Jakie Tseng, is alive” said the droid in a very robotic voice. But just as he said that the room started to flash, Red, Blue, and Green Red, Blue and Green.
“WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!”
The room continued flashed as Tiqo desperately searched for a way to stop it.
“This can’t be good, Ah the control panel!” Tiqo ran over to the control panel started tapping away furiously. A screen dropped down from above and a face appeared.
“You have violated part 42 of andian scroll, and doing so you have forsaken yourself and this planet”
“Extreme”
“This hyper bomb was designed to activate before the final death angel would collide with this planet. It would be launched at the comet and with it’s megaton yield, destroy the comet saving the planet, but due to your intrusion you have destroyed the seal of polyduranate and activated the timer. After a million green flashes the bomb will explode giving you and everyone else 580 hours to leave the planet. End of recording.”
“Crap” Tiqo slammed his fists and head on the control panel.
“Inter dimensional travel test activated” another voice spoke.
“What Have I done now?”
“In Three,”
“Oh”
“Two”
“Crap”
“One”
A large whizzing sound could be heard force field erected around the room.
The people down below of what was happening, Dr Khatukh worried at why they hadn’t returned.
A Bright flash, a small explosion shot out of the caves entrance.

“Great! Make it happen, send out a VM droid” (Visual Monitoring Droid)
Three poles extended out of the bag that Jakie had once had on his back, thin blue electric bolts buzzed as they flowed between the tips of the poles. The whole cave began to light up even more. The buzz became louder and the started to move up and down the poles. They got faster and faster and eventually, they got so fast that all you could see was a blue blur running up and down the three poles.
Then suddenly the light stopped and the tunnel went back to the dingy lighting.
A small R2D2 like robot emerged, it was about 3ft high, 1.5ft wide. It’s head, like R2, was rounded but when you got to the top it flattened out were a bunch of scanners and lights were. Its main body was cylindrical and it ran on pneumatically sucking caterpillar tracks or Pneumotraks which could climb on almost anything. It also had another of these on the back to come out when required. This silvery tube was also armed with light weaponry just in case.

“Mr Uri, my power reserves are very low, I suggest you switch to manual an…”
The computer’s speech banks had run out of power and so it continued by writing on the screen- ‘I hate it when that happens, anyway you should let the tracker guide you. Signing out.’
“Crap.”
“You know you shouldn’t give up too easily”
“Jakie?! Your back”
“Maybe not, Ahg!” Jakie moaned as if in pain. “Ah, man my head hurts”
“Before you passed out for a second time, you said you remember, what do you remember?”
“All those memories, ahhg, I couldn’t before, where I came from who I was, but they’re all gone now, all of them.”
“The CP said you reacted to something radioactive nearby, before its speech banks went. It also made a VMD.”
“Pass my bag. Thanks, when Khatukh found me in the chamber he also found an old weapon in a secret compartment but it had not been put into stasis properly and had rapidly aged to a brittle piece of metal on a well crafted handle. He gave it to me a few days after and told me to try and make more use of it that he did.”
“What was that weapon?”
“A sword, although the blade had broken, The handle was in excellent condition. Of course the rest of the blade didn’t last very long and fell off. I still kept the handle though, I felt something if I concentrated hard on it.”
Jakie pulled out a small device called a Mini Vac, this item could demolecularise an object, store it and remolecularise it when needed.
He pressed three buttons and the handle of the sword remolecularised into his hand.
He handed it to Tiqo.
“What do you think”
“It’s amazing, the craftsmanship on this is amazing…”
The sword had a platinum base with an unknown metal wrapped and combined around it and fixed at the top.

“Jakie, no material we know of could have survived the conditions this went through, the blade went brittle, but the handle,”
“But the handle stayed in perfect condition. Not even after a thousand years did it show any signs of wear and tare.”
Rubbing suddenly shook the cave, rocks were falling overhead a moan could be heard echoing through the cave.
“What was that!?”
“Tiqo, you better send out the VMD to the radiation source” “Right, ‘VMD Initiate! Search command alpha!”
“I Comply”
“It’s done, Jakie do you think you can operate it?”
“Yup”
The VMD Sped through the continually rumbling winding tunnels dodging falling rock after falling rock. There was another cliff like drop coming up a head but it couldn’t be sensed because of the falling rocks.
“Speed reaching 100kmph, and, altitude is, dropping? Altitude is rapidly dropping!”
“Quick, use the grappling hook, we must have gone over a ledge” “Nice call, activating gattling gun to proceed with manual tunnels, VMD comply!”
“I comply”
The side panels blasted off as mini sub-standard gattling guns popped out, all that could be seen on the screen was little chunks of rock flying away as they were being blasted apart.

obi
06-20-2002, 05:59 AM
“Looks like it was a duff”
That’s what Tiqo thought any way, he thought that the transporter had not worked, had it?
He glanced over towards where Jakie was,
“You sure know how to sleep through everything huh Jakie, Better get you out of this thing, the radiation emanating from this thing is not healthy for you."
Tiqo picked up Jakie’s bag from the floor of the weird spherical room, took out the Mini Vac and initiated the creation program, with it you could create an item, not too high tech but good enough for any situation.
“Now, ‘hover bed initiate!’ ”
Just as Tiqo finished saying the words, an emergency hover bed appeared. It was basically a stretcher with hover technology on it.
Tiqo picked up Jakie and placed him on the bed, and he began to gently push him out of the hole they had made before.
“Strange, what’s that force shield doing there? Better get rid of it, ‘VMD, destroy the control panel! Comply! Comply! What is going on here?.”
Tiqo turned back and walked towards the VMD. But to his surprise, it was inactive.
“Damn, better put it away” The VMD disappeared into the Mini Vac,
“Seems like your not the only one affected by this radiation huh Jakie.”
Tiqo walked up to the control panel and slowly began to push the buttons. They were of moderate size like a keyboard’s but, they were oddly shaped a bit like a multicoloured jigsaw puzzle. The more and more buttons he pressed the less it seemed that he or Jakie would ever get out. Tiqo once again slammed his hands down on the control panel in anger, took a step back and sat on the floor.
“Why is this happening to me? Why, why me?”
The room continued to flash, red, blue, green, red, blue and green.
“Well at least something works…”
Tiqo laid back and rested his head on the floor. His hand was on the mini vac in which Jakie kept his sword.
“How do I put down that force field? How? It must be powered by that control panel, but I can’t think how I could get to that circuitry, come on Tiqo think, think back to your training.”
Tiqo closed his eyes and tried to remember what he had learnt in his first days as a Leviathan operative.
“I became aware of Leviathan when I was attacked in the street all those years ago, how many years was it? 13? 14? What does it matter? Father had trained me to always watch my back whenever I walked near that place, he told me to always be careful of that I might be followed, and I was, 3 scouters, not that well trained, but well enough for someone of my age. Or so they thought. It was getting dark, most of the stalls in the dusty yet clean roads of the Red sector of the Sankt kingdom had closed. There were not many lights in that area, that’s why not many people went there after dark. It was full of people in the day yet in the night, deserted. I was impatient, I wanted to get home as soon as possible. It got dark early that night, it got dark too early… they were following me as soon as I had left the Kendo school of intense arts, where I had trained all day. As I walked down the dark sandy path I felt that feeling that I was being watched. I don’t know what compelled me to walk down that dark road which everyone else had steered clear of, but it was probably the best decision of my life. I stopped in the middle of the road, the wind was slowly howling, some shutters of the nearby houses rattled as the wind slowly got stronger and stronger. My cape began to flutter in the force 2 winds, then, a sound? I spun around, pulled out the murasame that I had been training with and held it in front of me as if I was practising drills. “Who’s there?” I called out. A stupid move- the last thing you should do is let them know that you are aware of their presence. Stupidly still they came out of their hiding in the shadows.
“That’s a mighty big sword for someone like yourself to be handling…” said the first one, all of his clothes black, it was pretty hard to tell what any of them were wearing, or hiding.
A second one emerged.
“ …Yeah, maybe you should hand it over to us…”
I took a few steps back and tried to run but as soon as I turned around a third one jumped in front of me and blocked my path.
“…or find your self whole new world of hurt.”
He was close enough for me to see the crest along the bandanna he was wearing,
“the flaming dragon, you’re part of that Leviathan gang, I should have known better that to mess with you guys, here take it, it’s yours.”
“Hey, now that’s a smart kid.”
I held out the sword with the handle pointing outward, the third one went to grab the sword, but just as he was about to put his hand on the handle I thrusted the sword into the air, the blade scarred the left side of his face. He stepped back in agony and I took a chance, I centre kicked him in his chest which knocked him back a few feet. The other two rushed forward, about to attack me, I grabbed the handle of the sword with my left hand as it fell behind me, jumped up, and slashed beneath me. The first one got lucky, he saw me coming and jumped back, but the second one was too slow, he lost his head for it. The third one now, recovered form his pain and grabbed me from behind.
“Imagine, a kid beating us, and taking out Baku, but you won’t live long…” he spoke,
“Don’t be foolish Machin, Master Yeaygar wanted him alive, but we can still rough him up a bit”
“Yeah Jantakh, hey kid welcome to a whole New World of pain. Heh…heh…heh”
Yeaygar was the leader of the Leviathan foundation, I never found out why he wanted me, he was assassinated later that night before we had a chance to meet.
The new leader, Boril Touslond (a close friend to Yeaygar) was a bit more kinder than Jantakh and Machin. They twisted my arm and broke my left leg in three places. He on the other hand put me through excessive training while I was recovering from my injuries. I was in great pain for the next few months, the more I trained the stronger I became and the only reason I trained was because Touslond said that I could go home after I had healed but only if I trained as a syndicate operative while I was there.
5 months of onerous training later, I began to make my leave.
They said that my progress was astounding for a boy of my age. I was as skilled as their higher level operatives and very skilled with weapons of all kinds, but especially the sword, of course! I could use Jakie’s sword to bust the control panel!”
With this thought in his head he jumped back up onto his feet and began to search their bags for Jakie’s sword but strangely he found it in Jakie’s hand.
“ I could have sworn you put that thing back in the Mini Vac, well at least I found it”
He then picked up the sword and walked over to the control panel.
“It looks like it’s covered in glass, or something like it. Here goes”
The room continued to slowly flash; red, blue, green, red, blue, and green.
Tiqo raised the sword in both of his hands,
“I know I’m gonna regret this”
and plunged it down into the glass like control panel.
What followed was a vast array of electronic discharge as the systems of the hyper bomb were being fried by Jakie’s sword, who was still unconscious. Tiqo still had a hold of the blade and was shot back as soon as the control panel had exploded. Before he passed out though he managed to here the bomb’s computer speak;
“Primary pow-er down… systems mal-functioning… force shield down… count-down disabled… re-routing secondary power, countdown enabled…”
Tiqo looked in vain before he passed out for his efforts of stopping the bomb were in vain, it would blow in 5 hours according to the screen and along with it the world would end.

There you go, the final installment. Please give your thoughts :)

Discombobulator
06-20-2002, 06:30 AM
Umm...nice story, but why'd you post it like that? Why not just put it on a web page or something?

Gerudo
06-20-2002, 07:44 AM
thats prolly a good idea, but i guess he wont get in trouble as he is sharing a story with us... :)

Selah
06-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Not a bad story needs to be longer though.,

obi
06-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Selah
Not a bad story needs to be longer though.,

Yes, I inetended it to be longer, but as my school didn't want me to hand in my coursework in a few years, I had to cut it off....

I want to continue the story with Jakie awakening in a strange place, questioning where he is. And then Tiqo awakening in a different place, far away from Jakie, equally confused...

but that is what it is so far :D

MegaMan3000
06-20-2002, 11:29 AM
Nice story, Keep up the good work