PDA

View Full Version : The World Trade Center 2002

DukenukemX
06-19-2002, 12:56 PM
The Max Protetch Gallery in New York City opened an exhibit featuring design proposals. I came across a link with pictures of the Concept designs.

http://archrecord.construction.com/wtc/newWTC.asp#a

The NOX Architekten is the craziest looking one of them all.

A more serious design would be at this link.

http://wtc2002.com/start.lasso

Just to warn people the site is in flash and is very big. Ohh and the music they play is sad. :(

From what I see the building is going to be cool. Ohh and they have a memorial for Sept 11th and it will be plane proof.

Just wanted to know what you think?

AlexMax
06-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Some of them are messed up...

Like the tentacles....what the fuck? ^_^

Paradox
06-19-2002, 01:14 PM
interesting ideas, i like the 2nd link.

King Link
06-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by DukenukemX
The Max Protetch Gallery in New York City opened an exhibit featuring design proposals. I came across a link with pictures of the Concept designs.

http://archrecord.construction.com/wtc/newWTC.asp#a

The NOX Architekten is the craziest looking one of them all.

A more serious design would be at this link.

http://wtc2002.com/start.lasso

Just to warn people the site is in flash and is very big. Ohh and the music they play is sad. :(

From what I see the building is going to be cool. Ohh and they have a memorial for Sept 11th and it will be plane proof.

Just wanted to know what you think?

Those are some cool designs, thanks for the link. I really enjoy architecure, especially this sort of cool, contemporary stuff.

BTW, the original towers were plane proof. The towers actually survived the actual crashes, the fires are what weakened the cement, the large, steel girders and building materials, they melted and that is what started the crumbling fall of the towers.

Otherwise, the towers were fine and survived the crashes.

Thanks for the link to the proposals.

Dracula
06-19-2002, 01:55 PM
http://www.themiddlefinger.com/graphics/NewWorldTradeCenter.jpg
FUCK THE TALIBAN!!!

That is still my favorite design. A Universal Sign started in Ney York! :laughing: J/K

The second link looks a lot better.

slothman
06-19-2002, 03:43 PM
The first link just seemed to show art and not actual building proposals. The second will take a while so I will look at it later.

Jigglysaint
06-19-2002, 03:48 PM
lol!

DukenukemX
06-19-2002, 04:04 PM
LoL Dracula I like your idea better then the concept art they have.

I don't know if the first link is real architecure concept art or just peoples imaginations going wild.

I do know the second link is real and they even have sign up requests if you want your business in the building.

When the planes hit the buildings I didn't think they would fall apart. Like you said King the fire did it in. I think the rubble still smokes to this day. Just shows you how intense the fire was.

King Link
06-19-2002, 04:27 PM
I agree, the second link is really cool, ingenious and well thought out.

The design is also amazing and I think could mark the beginning of a new era of construction and the builing of new, futuristic and advanced buildings and architecture.

Raichu86
06-19-2002, 04:44 PM
lol Dracula, when I saw this topic I intended to post that very picture. :D

I think that would in fact be the best design for the new WTC. :evil:

Menokh
06-19-2002, 05:54 PM
The second link is what we need there.
It'll show the Taliban that we are looking towards the future and nothing will stop us.
A futuristic, yet practical building, is perfect.

Happyman
06-19-2002, 06:31 PM
I heard that they wouldn't rebuild it.

But that was a month after it happened.

So...maybe they will.

Drunken Tiger
06-20-2002, 03:11 AM
:lol:

Good one Dracula!!

Selah
06-20-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Happyman
I heard that they wouldn't rebuild it.

But that was a month after it happened.

So...maybe they will.

yea i was under that impression.:shrugs:

slothman
06-20-2002, 02:59 PM
I hope they put some building there. It just doesn't look very New Yorky with those. They can still put some sort of memorial in the lobby.

ZeldaLord
06-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Watch their video on the second link and you'll see something really disturbing... :eek: (it's at the start, so it shouldn't take too long).

Cyclone
06-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Huh?

Cyclone

ZeldaLord
06-24-2002, 02:33 PM
Well, if you notice, some of the buildings around the first Trade Center diappear with it :rolleyes: (the new one's too large ;)).

Jemsee
06-24-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by DukenukemX

I don't know if the first link is real architecure concept art or just peoples imaginations going wild.
I do know the second link is real and they even have sign up requests if you want your business in the building.

I concure. The first bunch look inpossable to build and not vary functional.
The other one looks nice.
out of about 61,000 votes 49,847 also like the one in the second link.