PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania

Qusetonui
06-19-2002, 12:43 AM
Good Eeeeeevening!

This is for the NES. It is great, along with "Wicked Child and Stg. 2's music. After I defeat this Mummy Man (or men?), Frankenstein (and the other foes) should take 4 bars off of the "PLAYER" Bar. Ouch. I conflict with the following:

That Grim Reaper boss was a real bitch. He kept on throwing scythes! I defeated him and went on to beat the game. I swear, he'll go down in history as one of the toughest bosses ever.

Okay, everyone knows about the credits roll after Dracula is dead? I have a conflict with the cast:

1. Part I: It says: "Dracula: Christopher Bee"
For the record, it should be: "Dracula: Bela Lugosi"

Part II: It says: "Death (Grim Reaper): Bela Lugosi"
For the record: "Death: Grim Reaper"

Part III: It says: "Frankenstein: Boris Karloffice"
WHOA! Who the hell is "Boris Karloffice"!? Get rid off the "ice" and that's how it should be.

Part IV: It says: "The Mummy Man: Love Chaney Jr."
For the record, it should be: "The Mummy Man: Lon Chaney Jr."

Anything that has "Love Chaney (Sr. or Jr.)" is supposed to be "Lon Chaney"

Part V: (This is pretty funny) If the game says: "Simon Belmondo" and later on in the Castlevania series, you're called "Simon Belmont". Heh.

That's it with the credits, so end of conflict.

2. The second quest is insane! Every foe takes off four bars off. Can foes take off more? I will go on a Hunchback-slaying spree (those annoying fools that jump around, first seen in Level 3, Wicked Child). I wish this game had a password system... Too bad it didn't... Alas, rules are rules.

Lom2000
06-19-2002, 12:50 AM
i didnt like it too much

mrz84
06-19-2002, 01:06 AM
indeed the reaper was one doozy of a boss. drac was easier though. :kawaii:

MottZilla
06-19-2002, 01:28 AM
5Q5, you're alive? Wow... And I love CV on NES. One of the greatest games of all time.

Dracula
06-19-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by 5Qusetonui5
Good Eeeeeevening!

This is for the NES. It is great, along with "Wicked Child and Stg. 2's music. After I defeat this Mummy Man (or men?), Frankenstein (and the other foes) should take 4 bars off of the "PLAYER" Bar. Ouch. I conflict with the following:

That Grim Reaper boss was a real bitch. He kept on throwing scythes! I defeated him and went on to beat the game. I swear, he'll go down in history as one of the toughest bosses ever.

Okay, everyone knows about the credits roll after Dracula is dead? I have a conflict with the cast:

1. Part I: It says: "Dracula: Christopher Bee"
For the record, it should be: "Dracula: Bela Lugosi"

Part II: It says: "Death (Grim Reaper): Bela Lugosi"
For the record: "Death: Grim Reaper"

Part III: It says: "Frankenstein: Boris Karloffice"
WHOA! Who the hell is "Boris Karloffice"!? Get rid off the "ice" and that's how it should be.

Part IV: It says: "The Mummy Man: Love Chaney Jr."
For the record, it should be: "The Mummy Man: Lon Chaney Jr."

Anything that has "Love Chaney (Sr. or Jr.)" is supposed to be "Lon Chaney"

Part V: (This is pretty funny) If the game says: "Simon Belmondo" and later on in the Castlevania series, you're called "Simon Belmont". Heh.

That's it with the credits, so end of conflict.

2. The second quest is insane! Every foe takes off four bars off. Can foes take off more? I will go on a Hunchback-slaying spree (those annoying fools that jump around, first seen in Level 3, Wicked Child). I wish this game had a password system... Too bad it didn't... Alas, rules are rules.

The game is a classic, though... If you want THE ORIGINAL action, try out "Vampire Killer" on the MSX2. Trust me, 3 times harder than SOTN (IMO). You have to go through 18 unlinear levels (each being like it's own little SOTN) straight foward, you have 3 lives, no continues, and you have touse a keyboard, so the enemies and everything else is much harder. Though, I beat it plenty of times, but that's because I pretty muched conquered anyting on Castlevania. Still, they are all classics. I'm glad people like to still pay attention to the old school Castlevania's, since THAT was when the storyline was original, and people think it is the first survival horror game (arguably against Resident Evil) But as for a password system... That's what a Game Genie is for :D

Daarkseid
06-19-2002, 02:52 AM
The first survival horror wasn't a 2D platform game... it was a 3D game amongst a pre-rendered background, called Alone in the Dark.

Alone in the Dark is said to be the first survival horror, not Castlevania or Vampire Killer...

Dracula
06-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Alone in the Dark is said to be the first survival horror, not Castlevania or Vampire Killer...

Agreed, but they are ARGUABLY. Some people just think that way. Heck, there are many other games that are said to be first, like... Doom, except survival horrors are supposed to be about suspense, and... surving. Yeah, Doom has the survival part right... but, suspense kinda lacks. Same with the first Castlevania, survival, not much suspense (but the way I look at SOTN... that's a different story.) Damn, I love survival horror games... I'm gonna go play RE on my GameCube now :D

MottZilla
06-19-2002, 11:44 PM
CV isn't survivial horror. CV is kick ass platformer gameplay. BTW, i had alone in the dark before. It was SO gay.

AlexMax
06-20-2002, 10:30 AM
Alone in the Dark was alright for it's day.

And if anyone wants "Survival Horro" they should check out "Sweet Home" for the NES. It was never ported to the US, but they have translated it and you can get it in ROM form.

Where?

THAT is a secret... ^_^

Oh yeah... 5Q5...WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? ^_^ WASUP!