PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff

tornado
06-18-2002, 02:27 PM
What is the game of future going to be like? What kinds of games do u think are there going to be? This is pretty much a free chat room about the future of videogames.

Dirk the Daring
06-18-2002, 02:46 PM
Well, I think you need to edit your poll and either change the title to "The best video game console makers" or add a bunch of companies to the list, like Rare, Squaresoft, LucasArts, Sega, Capcom, and many more.

MottZilla
06-18-2002, 03:02 PM
CAPCOM OWNS :p AND SO DOES BLIZZARD. OH YA, DID I MENTION CAPCOM AND BLIZZARD? THEY ROCK OK? :p

Cronic
06-18-2002, 03:43 PM
ILast I heard capcom was goin back to the ig N... any word?

Daarkseid
06-18-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
ILast I heard capcom was goin back to the ig N... any word?

I don't believe Capcom has ever really been Nintendo exclusive... I know they've made their games exclusive to Nintendo consoles, but even during the days when the SNES was the most ideal platform for the Street Fighter series, they still made ports for other systems...

At best, Capcom might have preferred Nintendo's console at periods, like with the NES and SNES, and then shunned the N64 in favor of the PSX. Then when the DC was released, it started making a shitlod of games for it. It might now be going towards the GC because its easier to develop for than the PS2, is more powerful than the PS2, and there will soon be a new arcade system based on the GC hardware that would allow Capcom to sell its games first in arcades, then easily port them to Nintendo's GC.

And yeah, this poll sucks. SONY isn't known as a game developer(only a crappy game publisher), Microsoft has only published PC games). They're only synonomous with videogames today because they make two of the leading consoles right now. They're only in the business to collect on licensing fees for their system, not to make videogames. Nintendo and Sega are fine, but this poll should've included, like Dirk said, other game develoepers and not console makers...

Dracula
06-18-2002, 05:36 PM
KONAMI!!! They kick ass!!! Castlevania, Metal Gear, Contra, blah, blah, blah... you get the point.

skidphyzz
06-19-2002, 05:14 PM
Capcom is one of my favourites

(hence all the mega man stuff):mega:

Flash Man
06-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Enix

Brasel
06-20-2002, 01:42 AM
Nothing right now...until someone steps up and makes a GOOD sprite based game again.

tornado
06-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Sheesh! I had Trouble comeing up with a question! I forgot all of the other creaters. I just put down the basics: Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, catch my drift?:odd:

Mak-X
06-21-2002, 02:42 PM
Nintendo
Sega
Rareware
Squaresoft
Capcom
Konami

Originally posted by Sir Anthony
Nothing right now...until someone steps up and makes a GOOD sprite based game again.

Get a Game Boy Advance. What game are you looking for?