PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Importing tiles problem!

Bellossom Boy
06-18-2002, 02:09 PM
I can't use any tiles other than the classic ones,because when I try to import the BS-Zelda tiles(I followed the instructions in AlphaDawg's tutorial to the letter,exporting the tiles and stuff), the tiles do not change! Worse,when I try to import other tiles,the tiles get messed up(I tried Orion's tiles and the tiles turned into red blocks! ARGH! :angry: )

Is it something with the Zelda Classic I have,and am I doomed to create nothing but classic tile quests forever? :(

Cyclone
06-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Relocating to Quest Editor Help.

One method I use is paint by number; basically make a chart of any individual tile that I myself like, whether in ZQ (easiest) or any other method (harder, as I have to choose a random number for each color, compared to fixed numbers in ZQ).

So far, I've imported some trees and other tiles in this fashion. There are some easier methods, though, I think; I just do things the hard way. :tongue:

Cyclone

Happyman
06-18-2002, 03:58 PM
I have the same problem with imported tiles in build 163.

Simply because I have no build 163 compatible Graphics pack.

Oh wait, nevermind...

Bellossom Boy
06-18-2002, 07:43 PM
I have Z-Quest version 1.90. When I click Quest->Import->Tiles and try to import any tileset,it either fails or messes up the tiles. I really want to create a quest with anything other than Classic tiles! :angry:

Jigglysaint
06-18-2002, 07:52 PM
The problem might be that all the tilesets are made with beta 104 and higher. Upgrade to 104 or above. I suggest beta 163.

Dark Nation
06-18-2002, 07:59 PM
Old export formats generally won't import to this version. Load them into their own version, save a quest with them, then load the quest into this version.

Cyclone
06-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Using DN's method, create a totally blank quest and save it with the tiles imported. I like. :laughing:

Cyclone

ShadowTiger
06-19-2002, 06:05 AM
OH! Wait! I think that I know what the problem is. Pallets! (Smiles innocently Anime Style.) You say that you imported the TILES, right? But does that mean that you imported a GRAPHICS PACK, which should include the pallets, or just the tiles, which only comes with the specs for each tile and not their colors. So think about it, then if you uploaded the TILES, go find the matching pallets. And a good day to you all.

Bellossom Boy
06-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Nevermind. I fixed the problem. I exported the tiles again under a different name and they import fine now. :rolleyes: Please close this topic.