PDA

View Full Version : My housemates just blew up at each other...

inori
06-18-2002, 03:15 AM
My older housemate thinks the younger one is immature, and needs to learn to clean up after himself.
My younger housemate thinks the older one is overbearing, and needs to lay off.

Tonight, all their arguments came to a head; they had a full-on, roaring fight, complete with lots of shouting and words that I won't even post here. I think they did manage to keep it to loud voices for the moment, rather than breaking things (such as each other). I'm worried, though; their argument didn't resolve anything, and the tensions that brought out the fight are still there.

Personally, I don't want to be involved. I'm trying to maintain a neutral stance, but it's hard when I have to live in the same house as the two of them.

Fortunately, the lease only runs another month and a half. Even more fortunately, my girlfriend is looking to move out here at about that time, and we can investigate the possibility of finding a place for the two of us.

Drunken Tiger
06-18-2002, 03:20 AM
Thats sucks!! But its good that your trying to find your own place with your girlfriend!!

Good Luck!!:thumbsup:

slothman
06-18-2002, 04:00 AM
MMM, moving in with girlfriend. That would be nice. Now if I could only find one. Fortuately I never had roommates so I don't have that problem. I do argue with people living with me such as my family a while ago. It will probably all work out. Except for me of course.

obi
06-18-2002, 04:57 AM
Unfortunately, you only have really two options, get involved and help them sort it out or allow them to use their own sence of wellbeing to sort out their differences by them selves. It doesn't matter which you pick, as both lead to the same path, so I suggest picking which path would best ease your mind and help you. :)

AlexMax
06-18-2002, 09:21 AM
I know from personal experience that being a moderator in these types of situations can only make things worse.

Just hold on for a while longer. When you and your g/f move out, it will be all better.

inori
06-18-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by obi
Unfortunately, you only have really two options, get involved and help them sort it out or allow them to use their own sence of wellbeing to sort out their differences by them selves. It doesn't matter which you pick, as both lead to the same path, so I suggest picking which path would best ease your mind and help you. :)

Meh. It's their problem; I want nothing to do with it. Now I just have to get my girlfriend motivated enough to pick up, move out here, and find a job so she can help pay the rent (unfortunately, I can't afford two persons' rent on a grad student stipend).

Napalm
06-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Next time they fight, throw firecrackers at them and laugh like a mad person. Then say: "You know, when yall are asleep, nothing stops me from just plunging a steel bar into your heads multiple times. Well, goodnight." That might work. Just a suggestion.