PDA

View Full Version : To be read by all

Rafnul
06-18-2002, 02:55 AM
This isn't really the way I wanted to do this, but oh well F&^k it who cares.

The world right now is bothering the crap out of me. Blindness everywhere. I try not to be so blind, but I can only see whats in front of me. I need more eyes.

The world has become dependent on its own work. Our technology is still being based on things created 50 years ago. All "New" Technology is just using the old stuff in more complicated ways. The world is even losing its grasp between right and wrong. Our imperfect systems don't work for everything and it shows up every day. Yet we rely more on these systems to guide us than we trust ourselves. It seems that people are completely destroying everything that makes life so great.

I mean I've seriously questioned whether its worth living an entire life. I mean, what the majority of the population does is, go to school, go to more school/get a job then get a good job. Then you get married sometime and probably have kids. Your kids go on to do the same. Seems kind of crappy to me.

I don't like that our world is driven wild by systems.

I'm interested in rounding up a few people to get into correspondence and see if we can't find a way to bring some sense into this world.

PM me If you're interested.

Menokh
06-18-2002, 02:59 AM
No new technology huh?
Well in Australia monday a group of engineers have managed to teleport something. Yep you heard right. They teleported a laser beam to a different location where it would not have otherwise reached. And they think it would be technologically feasible to teleport humans in a few years(though incredibly unlikely due to complexity problems).

sources: ABC news and Yahoo. The Yahoo link is HERE (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=&ncid=721&e=10&u=/ap/20020617/ap_on_re_au_an/australia_teleportation_1)

Rafnul
06-18-2002, 03:09 AM
That's still not really new technology, they still used the same resistors and transistors, and capictors in all the elctronics. However, the actual teleportation is somewhat new. However, Teleporting photons isn't really teleporting at all(If you ever learn about photons you'll understand), but then again what is?

Daarkseid
06-18-2002, 03:19 AM
Sounds to me Rafnul like your coming to grips with reality yet you continue to face it with some kind of idealism that this reality is supposed to crush in people.

Believe me, the sooner you realize we can do no better, the sooner you can go back to your television and recliner...

But I guess if you really want to somehow bring everybody to their senses, whatever that means... maybe you could build a nuclear bomb and kill hundreds of thousands of people in an instant with it. That will certainly get everybodies attention. Maybe that attention will lead to some worldwide bliss in which everyone decides to reject violence and join together in one big world coalition for the common goal of human and earth betterment. Or you might spark a nuclear war that destroys most everything...

I highly doubt you and any sort of group you come up with will be able get anyones attention through a less nasty means, if you are at all capable of such nastiness.

Most people are to their senses, they just want to eat, drink and be merry. By that I mean they don't want to live their lives being concerned all the time, being aware their existences aren't amounting to much. They realize that the tough work of making a difference is usually a long term goal situation that they will see little in the way of personal reward, if any reward at all.

I get concerned with issues myself from time to time, but then I realize that they're not affecting me as much as I should worry about and go back to playing my videogames on my SONY Playstation 2, drinking a refreshing can of Coca-Cola, and perhaps even reading a copy of U.S. NEWS & World Report.

Rafnul
06-18-2002, 03:36 AM
If the world doesn't want to be intelligent someone at least needs to make sure it doesn't do something stupid. If many people don't want to strive for the outstanding, I'll accept that. I try to be like that, but everytime I do something which isn't necessarily right, but has become accepted I get angry with myself. I believe that there are others who think this way, that they must do something great or they will suffer by their own hand.

Those are exactly the people I am looking for.

slothman
06-18-2002, 03:57 AM
I find it annoying that most people are just content with doing there dialy lives. They work, sleep, eat, maybe go out, maybe have kids. But they don't actually ty to make the world better. Most of the world is just people who live instead or living. About the only good thing they do is increase commerce and produce items.

Daarkseid
06-18-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by slothman
I find it annoying that most people are just content with doing there dialy lives. They work, sleep, eat, maybe go out, maybe have kids. But they don't actually ty to make the world better. Most of the world is just people who live instead or living. About the only good thing they do is increase commerce and produce items.

Living? What the hell is living if not simply being alive? I don't understand...

Has somehow sacrificing for the greater good become a necessary requirement for living as you put it? BS, if your heart is beating and your central nervous system is functioning to the point of being able to maintain the body, thats living. Getting together and making things better for a bunch of people you probably won't know, or live to know, thats more along the lines of saintliness. Its sacrifice, trading one great ideal for a lesser one.

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-18-2002, 06:37 AM
I agree, the world is going fucking nuts!
Check your PM Rafnul.

DukenukemX
06-18-2002, 08:19 AM
The technology is not old it's backwards compatible. :rolleyes:

HDTV is to replace television. It was suppose to 3 years ago but the standard is still good old television.

PC's use X86 CPU's still. Very old very crapy and could use a update by now. Of course we have the Hammer chip thats going to be 64-bit but it's still X86.

A lot of technology is held back because of backwards compatibility. If your expecting that we should have flying cars and robots that wipe our butts it just will never happen.

I understand the whole world is blind thing. I'll tell you the same thing I told a couple of Jehovah Witness people.

It can only get better. The Jehovah people told me that peace won't come until after death. Something about it being in the bible.

It is sad that the world makes you go thru this routine. Grow up go to school have kids make them do the same and hope that you see there kids before you die. Of course not everyone I know goes thru this. The divorce thing comes in and then you need to worry if you can see your kids.

Selah
06-18-2002, 12:42 PM
Look if yall dont like your life then change it damit quit complaining and change it. ranful you have a good idea but have you changed your life? No your still posting and still bitching. if you dont like something change it!

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-18-2002, 01:25 PM
I think the point rafnul is trying to make is that he's fine, but he's frustrated with the way the world is going, war, terrorism, can normal everyday people like us really put a stop to that?

Rafnul
06-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Yes, we can. It has been done before. Did you read my top ten coolest dudes of all time? Those are all Individual people who have had massive impacts on the world.

Look, even flying cars and robots aren't new technology. New technology would be something like using quartz crystals for memory instead of MOSFET's arranged in parallel, which is what almost EVERYTHING uses in your computer, they just make more of them and change voltage amounts to affect speed.

A wormhole would be new technology. Ki energy plants would be new technology.

using pure photon energy instead of electron energy would be new technology.

Designing creature's Dna from scratch like a computer program would be new technology.

Unfortunately, most of that seems nearly impossible. So when I tell you we aren't making advances in technology, that's what I mean.

Rijuhn
06-18-2002, 03:59 PM
You see, this is the main reason why I believe in God. This ever-going cycle can't be the only thing there is. There has to be more. This isn't the only reason why I believe in Him, but it's a big reason. I've done so much thinking that I want a break from it, but it haunts me when I least expect it too. So I'm trying to, slowly, get used to it. I've already partially acomplished that.

But I'm not going to be sitting on my ass and watch the world fall apart. I too would like to save this world, and I know that the chance of me actually doing anything noticable is like .001%. My motto is, live to see tommorow. I hope I shed a little light on this subject.

Ich
06-18-2002, 04:18 PM
You know, through grass roots political efforts toward right-wing things, you can make a difference. Be a politician, become president, and you might change the world. Or not. Your choice, but God's control.

Jigglysaint
06-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Moses chapter 1

39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the cmmortality and deternal elife of man.

Right out of the mouth of the Lord. That's enough to forgive all those boneheads who are concerned with only temporal needs. Don't know about you but I have a purpose.

Rafnul
06-18-2002, 04:44 PM
LOL jigglysaint, I looked at the last post on this message and saw your name and cowered in fear.

Fine I forgive them. But I still want to do something wonderful. I don't even care if the world knows that I ahve done something wonderful. That is not that reason that i wish it to be done. I want to do it because I feel I need to do it.

I don't think I would like to get into politics, unless I was like Bill O'Reilly. I don't really like government.

I have come to learn that all of the rules we live by don't hold up under pressure. You can break just about any rule and not get into any trouble if you go about it right.

Something is very wrong with that.

But that isnt the problem I want to deal with.