PDA

View Full Version : Random Question for an admin

AlexMax
06-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Who exactly is on the AGN ban list, in terms of members?

This just came up out of random curiosity...perhaps we can start a 'wall of shame' that lists the nicknames that have been banned from the forum...hell if we were creative maybe an obituary for each one...

Selah
06-17-2002, 05:02 PM
LOL Why dont you go to official announce ments they have all the bans posted there.

DarkPanther
06-17-2002, 05:04 PM
No... I like the wall of shame idea better. And maybe a strike one and two list as well, naming people who have been banned and brought back, etc.

.....we'll just give Toolie his own page.

Ich
06-17-2002, 05:17 PM
Lol. Isn't he on Forum Staff now? Because he's been banned more than any Mod I know from any forum.

Dracula
06-17-2002, 05:23 PM
How about like a tombstone for each member, saying how the "died" (got banned) kinda like in my sig, except it would say something like-

Here lies "Slim Shady"
He couldn't rap, so the Buttlotion Empire shot him down.

Dechipher
06-17-2002, 05:34 PM
EDIT
I was browsing another topic, and posted the wrong message here...oops :)
On this subject, I think it would be cool, but wait till someone's beeen perma banned for a month or so before addding htem...

Gerudo
06-17-2002, 05:52 PM
uhh, well, id have to say no, because i would be ON that list, but whatever floats your boat...

AlexMax
06-17-2002, 06:33 PM
No

What I meant was the list of permabanned people.

King Link
06-17-2002, 06:37 PM
I think the idea is interesting, but I don't like the name. Afterall, other members would then probably feel bad or embarrassed.

Still, this idea would allow people to stay up to date with going-ons on the boards and not be left behind. This could also allow a better understanding for newbies about the banning system and how and why people are banned.

But if this idea were to be realized, I think the name should be a little nicer sounding, something so it doesn't sound as if those members who were banned and returned are to be ridiculed presently.

:EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know you mean permabanned members.

DarkDragon
06-17-2002, 07:10 PM
Problem is, there does not seem to exist anything called a "permaban," since at least 50% of "permabanned" members mysteriously find their way back after a week or so.

Also, if the AGN ban list is anything like those I've seen at other boards, it's mostly a huge mess of IP numbers, many of them obsolete. Tracing each IP to the original member is quite a difficult task, if not impossible.

slothman
06-18-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragon
Problem is, there does not seem to exist anything called a "permaban," since at least 50% of "permabanned" members mysteriously find their way back after a week or so. ...

Yeah, some members even get mod status after getting un-banned. I'm of course not talking about anyone in particular. They probably deserve it if they got mod or admin status. They must have cleaned up their mess.

Drunken Tiger
06-18-2002, 10:19 AM
I really would be interested in this list.... It would be quite amusing...:lol:

Fatty Lumpkin
06-18-2002, 01:14 PM
I'd like to see one.

Darunia
06-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Get to be an admin, and check the ban list (Ther is one) and then, find the IPs for each member.

Easy, huh?