PDA

View Full Version : Just downloaded ZC and i can't get it to work!

Yojimbo
06-17-2002, 11:31 AM
:odd: I just downloaded ZC, but every time i try to start, it says first quest missing, or some error message like that, i was just wonderin where i can get the first quest or ANY quest, and what to do next, the blue bomber thanks you :mega: :mega: :mega:

Cyclone
06-17-2002, 11:34 AM
This is for 1.90, or the public beta? If the public beta, get 1.90 first, then add the beta; if 1.90, simply push your A button TWICE after typing your username, move into the window, and locate the correct ZC directory.

Once found, select 1st.qst and confirm your choice. Confirm the previous window, and go back to the program. Hit your B button. Push Enter. Start playing. :)

BTW, follow that procedure for loading any custom quest. Just change 1st.qst to the name of the quest.

Cyclone

Yojimbo
06-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Hm...i tried that, and when i go into quests, it says "disk error", and i don't seem to have any quests, any more advice?

VEL
06-17-2002, 01:32 PM
If you downloaded the new version did you also download "Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 163+ Support Archive"?

Golden_Bolt
06-25-2002, 09:51 PM
I have the same problem as Yojimbo....
Is there a solution...?

Spike
06-26-2002, 12:38 PM
If you do, then go and download the Support Archive under Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 163 Full Public Beta, in this ZC Discussion forum and in the FIRST post you'll see a link to the Support Archive, download it and install it into your Version 1.92 folder.

NerdWarrior
06-26-2002, 02:54 PM
omg, you guys.

This is a simple problem. It'll say disk error. Then go to your HD, to the ZC directory, and then to the quest.

Cyclone, I expected better out of you. :D

Cyclone
06-27-2002, 01:04 AM
NW, you suck. :tongue:

My solution above was the circumvention of this problem. You have to locate where the folder is. The disk error is that it is looking in a folder that has a 0.001% chance of existing on your system.

You must reset the location to the home of your C drive, then manouever to the ZC folder. 1.90 by default looks for War Lord's F drive. You must direct it to the C drive, then the proper location of the program.

Cyclone

teddyboy420
06-30-2002, 10:29 PM
Cyclone is right.

He has to kind of find his way from his home directory to zc/quests or whatever the file is called. This has to be done after hitting a to choose a custom quest. A windows like prompt comes up to let you pick your folder.

Once you find the folder that you keep your quests in you should have no problem.

Discombobulator
07-01-2002, 11:10 AM
lol
One of ZC's little quirks. Why not just point it to the C drive?:confused:

teddyboy420
07-01-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Discombobulator
lol
One of ZC's little quirks. Why not just point it to the C drive?:confused:

:banghead: That would be too easy:thumbsup: