PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Strawberries

Rafnul
06-16-2002, 11:31 PM
So I went on this big fishing trip in Canada all week, and when I get home I discover my mother's strawberry patch is producing strawberries like there's no tomorrow.

There's nothing quite as good as picking strawberries and eating them right away.

I'll post a pic of the patch if I get around to it.

Has anyone else ever had good FRESH strawberries?

Menokh
06-16-2002, 11:34 PM
Yes. My dad's friend has a small farm in West Barnstable.
He has a decent sized strawberry patch in it, and they are so good. There is nothing quite like a fresh strawberry.

Lom2000
06-16-2002, 11:36 PM
I've had fresh strawberries, but ya know whats better than mom's strsawberries, grandma's. My grandma has a huge patch of strawberries. So did you catch any big fish?

Ich
06-16-2002, 11:43 PM
I really like eating fresh strawberries, but eating fresh cherries is even better [sexual innuendo].

Lom2000
06-16-2002, 11:49 PM
I dont really like cherries, but they are great when a *special friend* is involved;) IF ya know what I mean.

Rafnul
06-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Yes, actually It's quite a story.

On our first day after driving all the way from Omaha, Nebraska to Winnipeg, we stayed at a place in lockport called Cats on the Red. We caught MASSIVE catfish... I'll Post pics soon. Then we drove on over to Kenora.

We had to fly out to the lake on a float plane; it was great fun. Then we first went on a portage to another lake. A portage is where you dock your boat on the land then walk through the forests to get to another lake. We caught a lot of Northern Pike in that lake, the biggest was 38 inches.

The next day we went on this HUGE portage. We had to carry all of our gear(poorly packed) a quarter of a mile through really wet mossy dense forest. I have video clips of all this that I just *might* post a link to. Then after making a few trips back and forth we got to a secondary lake. We drove that boat over to the end and got out. Then we hauled all of our gear about 300 yards through really rocky forests to get to this place called black trout lake. We ended up catching 8 lake trout. And let me tell you, lake trout are a rarity. It was definitely worth all the work to get there.

On our last day of fishing we went on yet another portage ( a short one) to a lake supposedly good for northern pike. We ended up catching about 5 northerns. We were kind of worn out so we started fishing for walleye. We found a great spot and marked it with the GPS. We kept drifting over it and ended up catching 56 walleye in 2 hours. It was EXCELLENT.

I have some pictures that I will probably post tommorow.

Fiyerstorm
06-17-2002, 12:07 AM
Over here we a have strawberry festival...fresh strawberries are that damn good. I lve the strawberry daquiris... :drool:

Rafnul
06-17-2002, 12:08 AM
Anyone have any good recipies or any really good way to use strawberries. I mean I have a TON.

Selah
06-17-2002, 12:18 AM
I love strawberries and strawberry short cake is the best.

Menokh
06-17-2002, 12:21 AM
Strawberry pancakes are good.
Strawberries are also useful in cereal or on top of vanilla ice cream.

Fiyerstorm
06-17-2002, 12:39 AM
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE......NUFF SAID. IT R0XXERZ.

Dracula
06-17-2002, 01:04 AM
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE!!! STRAWBERRY DAQUIRIES!! STRAWBERRY ICECREAM!!! STRAWBERRY... whatever... I love strwberries.

We have half of our garden entirely red and grren, all strawberries. It's a good thing, since last year it was green, brown, and white... The geese ate all of them and left a lot of shit behind. Then I got my bb gun and scope out and did some classic game style... "Duck Hunt!"

Thunderbird
06-17-2002, 01:26 AM
I'm probably the only person in the house who will touch strawberry ice cream ;).

I love strawberries :). Too bad they start growing mold so soon after they're bought (yeah, I don't have a strawberry patch).

Sugar
06-17-2002, 01:39 AM
I've never had a "Fresh" strawberry. I've had a strawberry from like P&C that was like 8 weeks old. But never a fresh one. I wonder if they taste good......:confuse2: :) :queen:

Drunken Tiger
06-17-2002, 03:56 AM
Strawberries are the friggin best!! Especially the really big ones!! They are soo juicy and sweet!!:drool: