PDA

View Full Version : A small problem

Happyman
06-15-2002, 04:00 PM
ab

"a" is a screen. "b" is a screen.

"a" is a boss-type screen, surrounded by walls. In this case, although irrelevant, it has 2 moldorms. When both are killed, a path opens up to "b" and stairs appear to go to the next section.

"b" is a normal screen. It leads to screen "a" on the left side. Since "a" is blocked off on the right side, it uses a sidewarp to appear within "a".

Both "a" and "b" are on the same DMap. The DMap is Overworld. "a" has no sidewarp on the right leading to "b" because it doesn't need one, and its tile warp is also occupied.

Here are the types of side-warps I can use
-cave/item room: Can't use it.
-passageway: Can't use it.
-entrance/exit: Rather not, since they are the same DMap.
-scrolling warp: Would dump the player on top of a wall.
-insta-warps: I used this, but this makes the intro-string appear again. I prefer that not happen.
-no warp: Of course not!

I want the player to be able to go to "a" normally, but there doesn't appear to be away without using shutters. I can't use shutters because it is an Overworld DMap.

What is the best way?

slothman
06-15-2002, 05:12 PM
If 'b' uses a sidewarp to 'a' then I believe you can still use a tilewarp to get to a from somewhere else.

Happyman
06-15-2002, 05:40 PM
What??

Which screen uses a tilewarp, and where does it go to??

slothman
06-15-2002, 08:24 PM
You set screen 'a''s destination flag to wherever you want Link to end up. And then set screen 'c' to warp to 'a' via a tile warp.

ShadowTiger
06-16-2002, 07:54 AM
Don't forget to change the music for boss rooms. I am still getting all tingly remembering one special effect I made. A really good quest, has really good boss music, not to mention the rooms surrounding the boss room, like the triforce room.

K-Teclis
06-16-2002, 08:05 AM
... Make from 'B' a sidewarp zap FX to 'a'...
And set the exit point... No way out leading to a..
When deafitting the boss, simply make walls disappear via secret combos!

Happyman
06-16-2002, 02:50 PM
I only tried insta-warp, and the intro-string appeared again. I assumed the i-warps did the same thing.

Are you sure the intro-string does not appear again with a zap-FX, K-tech?