PDA

View Full Version : doomage

Beldaran
06-15-2002, 04:00 PM
Well, I loaned my CPU to a friend of mine for a big counter strike tournament, so I am without my big gaming machine. I dusted off the old pentium 133 and began perusing the hard drive, seeing what was on it. It turns out that it has doom2 on it. lol, I haven't played that game in ages. I'm currently playing it right now, without cheating, on the second difficulty. I just beat act 1 (It wasn't as hard as I remember) and I am starting act 2. Sometimes its fun to go back and play old games.

I think next I'll crank up Warcraft or Quest for Glory. Weee! Summer rules. Old video games rule. Still, I am anxious to get back my nice computer.:)

AlexMax
06-16-2002, 12:20 AM
Doom 2 is not hard at all until you get up into the teems.

Then everything just goes to hell.

Masamune
06-16-2002, 09:23 AM
i remember something called Doom 95 which was like Doom 2 only you could choose ay level. what was that about? and how do you defeat Sin the big goat head on the wall of the last level? there was this funny level where you where in this nazi base and you killed actual humans instead of zombies. there were all these hitler pictures everywhere!

Grasshopper
06-16-2002, 10:31 AM
Doom 95 wasn't a new game, I think it was just a front-end so you don't have to worry about DOS and just play it in Windows. That one level you're talking about is level 31, Wolfenstein. It's a based off of, what else, Wolfenstein 3D. :) To beat the final boss, you had to hit the skull switch at the top, to lower the platform standing in front of him. Then you run down to the platform and as it rises back up, you want to shoot a rocket (or something that will deal a lot of damage) inside the hole in his head. You have to shoot it off just right, or it will hit to high.

Masamune
06-16-2002, 02:19 PM
thanks grass hopper! there's another way to beat him though. put in the code IDCLIP and that allows you to go through walls. go through the giant head on the wall and there's the head of one of the creators of the game on a stick. shoot the head with whatever and it make funny face! exit the skull and you win. there's another seret level called GROSSE i think. it's really wierd. put in the code IDCLEV32 and it's the second part to the wolfenstein level. in the end of it 4 cartoon looking kids are hung and they make funny noises when you shoot them. i think the only way to get to Wolfenstein or Grosse is through cheating IDCLEV31 for Wolfenstein and IDCLEV32 for Grosse.

MottZilla
06-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Actually I think those levels are secret levels which you must get to by doing something special. I dunno what... I think an alternate secret exit.

Masamune
06-16-2002, 05:54 PM
maybe you have to complete things 100 percent in wach level... it's impossible to do!

King Link
06-16-2002, 06:54 PM
I agree, playing older games is fun. I had the original Doom on my old computer, a reg. Pentium running Windows 3.1.

I also like playing old, classic games on NES and SNES, like Mario, Zelda and others like Metroid.

Grasshopper
06-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Masamune
thanks grass hopper! there's another way to beat him though. put in the code IDCLIP and that allows you to go through walls. go through the giant head on the wall and there's the head of one of the creators of the game on a stick. shoot the head with whatever and it make funny face! exit the skull and you win. there's another seret level called GROSSE i think. it's really wierd. put in the code IDCLEV32 and it's the second part to the wolfenstein level. in the end of it 4 cartoon looking kids are hung and they make funny noises when you shoot them. i think the only way to get to Wolfenstein or Grosse is through cheating IDCLEV31 for Wolfenstein and IDCLEV32 for Grosse.

Sure is. :) Thats what you're shooting at anyway, you just can't see him from the platform. It's John Romero. The sound the demon makes when you enter the room is played backwards. What he really says is "In order to win the game, you must kill me, John Romero." Pretty weird, huh. :drool: Grosse, is the super secret level. The actual way to get to it, is through the secret level Wolfenstein, you have to find the alternate exit switch. To get to Wolfenstein, you have to find the alternate exit in Map 15: Industrial Zone. The little guy at the end of Grosse is Commander Keen. Commander Keen (http://www.idsoftware.com/games/vintage/ck-vorticons/) is a platform game that was also made id Software, there is several of them too. They even made a Commander Keen game on the Gameboy Color (http://www.activision.com/games/commanderkeen/) not too long ago. :)