PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonence

vegeta1215
06-15-2002, 02:49 PM
Anyone know when this is scheduled to be released? I saw the latest Nintendo Power at the store today and they have a guide for it already! I gotta get it, I'm dying for a new GBA game!

MottZilla
06-15-2002, 03:49 PM
I have the japanese version and it's great. However I heard the USA release was delayed. No idea when it'll be out.

Mak-X
06-15-2002, 03:54 PM
Briefly looking over the Konami website, they say Fall.

Tycho at www.penny-arcade.com ordered the import version and is going to review it for their "Land of the Rising Fun" feature.

vegeta1215
06-16-2002, 01:32 AM
In the fall? Damn that sucks! Nintendo Power pisses me off, I hate when they tease and show previews and stuff when the games are even out yet. I mean, this was like a whole freaking walkthrough, with maps!

I have no doubt about how good it'll be (i think it will be awesome, esp if it's anything like COTM in gameplay), but I'll still check out that penny-arcade thing.

Daarkseid
06-16-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
In the fall? Damn that sucks! Nintendo Power pisses me off, I hate when they tease and show previews and stuff when the games are even out yet. I mean, this was like a whole freaking walkthrough, with maps!

Same thing happened, I recall, with Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, way back in 1991. Nintendo did the review and everything, but the game didn't come out until much later...

I'm sure NP has goofed up on more than one occasion there though...

I also dislike NP, whatever charm that magazine had in the past is long gone. I'll never forgive them for axing NESter.

Mak-X
06-16-2002, 02:42 AM
Nester was awesome but the comic kinda went downhill after Howard Phillips, the Nintendo Game Master left Nintendo (he became bored of video games and left the company). The best comics were from the first issues. I liked the Startropics, Super Mario Bros. 3, Ninja Gaiden, and Dodge Ball ones, though thats most of the old one's I've read. Nester returned one last time in NP's 100th issue, where he was in college and a kid challenged him to Starfox 64 and he left with the effects of the Rumble Pak still on him.

NP usually gets their games real early, and even reviews them for a score early too...I stopped really using NP for reviews after I started reading EGM and NP gave Quest 64 around a 5.5, and Yoshi's Story a 8.0. I still like the magazine though, I just like Nintendo. I do realize it is produced by Nintendo of America of course.

Did Nintendo Power have screen shots from a English or Japanese version Vegeta1215?

vegeta1215
06-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Hmm..I'm not sure. I kinda just skimmed through it.

Dracula
06-16-2002, 06:38 PM
All I know the American version will come out around my birthday. I know what I'm getting this year!!! :D

I got the Japanese ROM today. All I have to say about it is... I know SOME Japanese, but they use too many words I don't know... But there are some cool enemies and nice animation! There's even an enemy named Kanji, which translates to "Simon" (it's a skeleton with a bandana and whip) And the music really isn't bad at all!!! It sounds like Bloodlines on the Genesis. I promised myself to delete it after an hour... but I'm still trying to get past the damn Room of Illusions.

Daarkseid
06-17-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Dracula
All I know the American version will come out around my birthday. I know what I'm getting this year!!! :D

I promised myself to delete it after an hour... but I'm still trying to get past the damn Room of Illusions.

Either you're really into obeying copyright laws even more than I am... or you're just trying to save the experience for when the game is actually released on GBA. Either way, good for you.

MottZilla
06-17-2002, 03:52 PM
Drac, the music I agree isn't horrible, but it is a lower quality for sure, than COTM. I wish I could read japanese. But reguardless the game is lots of fun. Even more of a challenge when you can't read >=)

Dracula
06-18-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Either you're really into obeying copyright laws even more than I am... or you're just trying to save the experience for when the game is actually released on GBA. Either way, good for you.

For this game, actually both. I don't think using an emulator based on a handheld is as good as the real thing. And Mottzilla, yeah it is lower quality, I pretty much know that one, but... DAMN!!! I find myself humming the Entrance Theme!

MottZilla
06-18-2002, 03:12 PM
Well... the "quality" is low, but the music is good... It's just they probably needed space so they downsampled all the music samples in the game to make room. Hence our music quality we have.

Kairyu
06-19-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
Hmm..I'm not sure. I kinda just skimmed through it.

That explains it. It mentions on the first page or the last page of the review that the game had just been delayed before the issue went to print, and that it would be out in august or september or something. So it's not as much a teaser as a preview. I noted there were around 20 total bosses shown, and I expect at least one or two more... That's just nuts for a handheld, jeez... I want this game.