PDA

View Full Version : I colored this for Obi

Rijuhn
06-15-2002, 01:43 AM
Hey everyone, guess what...

...SPPAmm.....mmMm...!!1111

N0, seriously, look at my avatar. I colored this for Obi just today, and it didn't take too long. I also colored his current avatar, which I've updated since, but I can't show you right now since I don't have any place to host it for you to see. I used Adobe Photoshop 6.0 and imployed some art techniques which I've slowly learned by myself.

When JJ colored that one pic of the Zelda manga it inspired me to do so. I'm currently 70% done with my own Zelda Manga pic that I'm coloring and shading. It's hard as a bitch to get it looking good, but once it does the final product is enough payment for the time it took to make it.

I've always been interested in arts, and I've been drawing since I can remember, and pretty well I might add. It wasn't until recently that I started to draw again, because once my drawing skillz weren't improving that much I stopped, and just made stuff on my computer.

My dad will come in my room and notice me busy drawing something, or doing something with graphics so he tells me to take a graphical arts course in college, which I want to take. I only see one problem. I don't know if I'm THAT good to make what you see on TV and in the movies. I'm also not sure if CGI, digital arts, and classical arts are all in one class or not.

I know that I want to push myself, but I don't want to be nearly broke looking for a job with a student loan to pay off in 5 years.
Talking about college and the future is so overwhelming, and I don't worry about it until I think about it. Screw it, I need to relax, I'm ending this post. Later.

Fiyerstorm
06-15-2002, 01:47 AM
Looks great! It's so kawaii! ^_^

Drunken Tiger
06-15-2002, 03:31 AM
Nice!! ^_^

Im a complete unko when it comes to this stuff!!:tongue:

King Link
06-15-2002, 08:44 AM
That's really cool, I like your avatar. The right eye is really great, I like the look and the reflections look really real in the eyes.

obi
06-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Oh, MY!

THAT IS COOOOOOOOOLIOZZZ!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

wow, Thank you, your so kind.... :D:kawaii:

J.J. Maxx
06-15-2002, 12:51 PM
Hey thats really good! Yeah I looked through the Kirby manga and didn't see anything that jumped out at me to color. I'm still working on coloring an entire page of the Zelda Manga though. Almost finished as well. ;)

Hey maybe a collaboration is in order? LOL

obi
06-15-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JJMaxx
I'm still working on coloring an entire page of the Zelda Manga though. Almost finished as well. ;)

Now that is something I'ed like to see, not only english, but colour OoT. :)

Selah
06-15-2002, 02:05 PM
I like it. you should make it into a theme. call it kirby goes insane.

Rijuhn
06-15-2002, 03:27 PM
(Hey Obi, when you read this try and look for me online because I want to send them to you.)

Thanks guys. And JJ, you were the one who inspired me to even start coloring stuff. If you'd like I can send you a Zelda Manga page I'm working on.

Ultra22Lemming
06-15-2002, 04:12 PM
Lol it looks so cool! Great job rijuhn!

obi
06-15-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
(Hey Obi, when you read this try and look for me online because I want to send them to you.)

Thanks guys. And JJ, you were the one who inspired me to even start coloring stuff. If you'd like I can send you a Zelda Manga page I'm working on.

Rijuhn, you can only get better at this stuff ;)

I'm on AIm right now 10:45 GMT. If anyone has alternate connections to Rijuhn tell him to get on aim. Thanku :)

Dechipher
06-16-2002, 04:20 AM
how do you do that?! I couldn't do that to save my life...