PDA

View Full Version : Idea I had...is it good?

Dechipher
06-14-2002, 11:36 PM
Now, I pitched this to glenn, and he said no, but I jsut wanted to get the general populace's thoughts on it.....
With the failure of Sprite Spot and Music Metropolis, it occured to me that we dont have an official art forum. There's an arts and entertainment section, but no art forum. So I thought, "Gee, why not have a forum for any visual or audio art?" it would probably be called " The Audio/ Visual Room" , cause GAD is taken. I mean, with the posts Sprite Spot and Music Metropolis were getting, if they were combined, no one could say it wasnt getting enough posts....

vegeta1215
06-15-2002, 12:07 AM
Didn't we used to have one? Hmm...I can't remember. Either way, any of those could easily go in General Entertainment and be ok. I don't think another forum section is necessary.

Mak-X
06-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Actually there was a art forum called "The Arts" a long while back. It got merged with the Entertainment forum and was called "Arts and Entertainment". When this new forum revision was made, a forum group was made called "Arts and Entertainment", and that old forum I talked about was renamed "Entertainment forum", but still has a description about visual arts, so its suppose to be for Art as well as Entertainment. But the name is misleading, and Entertainment and Art are exactly the same thing, and most things in that forum are about Entertainment.
The Entertainment forum is supose to be be for Art as well as Entertainment so you can post creations there. Though I think I'd like to see a seperate real Art forum, but I don't think there would be enough demand for a whole new forum.

Dechipher
06-15-2002, 12:30 AM
we had sprite spot, and Music Metropolis, this is basically those merged together

The Savior
06-15-2002, 01:30 AM
It's un-needed, we already have A&E.

Fiyerstorm
06-15-2002, 01:31 AM
I asked for that befopre..I got turned down...I believe I wanted it called 'Creator's Crib' or something....

Discombobulator
06-15-2002, 01:58 AM
I gotta say no. We have plenty of entertainment forums.

Dechipher
06-15-2002, 02:00 AM
er...
these arent for entertainment. they are for art

Drunken Tiger
06-15-2002, 02:05 AM
I have a feeling that its just going to fail because there isnt enough support for it here.. after all this is a gaming forum..;)

Selah
06-15-2002, 10:13 AM
Dechipher dont you have that general enertainment? its no music metro but it works.

Darunia
06-15-2002, 10:14 AM
huh? Accidental double post, DT, or REAL double post?

He may be saying the same, butthe second one was done 17 minutes after... weird.

King Link
06-15-2002, 10:33 AM
Well I suppose the art people draw could go into the General Entertainment Discussion, but a separate Fan Art forum for people to show off their art and pictures would be cool.

Mak-X
06-15-2002, 01:30 PM
General Entertainment Discussion
If it's Art or Entertainment, it's on topic in here. Come on in and share your views on music, movies, poetry, visual arts and any other form of art you can think of.

I don't really care for Art being with Entertainment either, but unless many many topics about Art are posted there, there's not much of a point in making a new forum.

Ich
06-16-2002, 03:31 AM
Why not. If it crashes and burns, then it crashes and burns. We can give it a try at least.

Dechipher
06-16-2002, 03:31 AM
Which is why eek is cooler than mak....jk

slothman
06-16-2002, 04:07 AM
If it is started it should have lots of alliterition. Both MM and SS and double letters. maybe AA for "art area" or PP for "picture place".

Dechipher
06-16-2002, 04:09 AM
I was thinking the AV room, but htats just meh, and of course I would NOT mod it, given that every forum i touch gets destroyed

slothman
06-16-2002, 01:29 PM
I think you are Death in disguise. :D The AV room would be good also.