PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Sold....

AlexMax
06-14-2002, 08:36 PM
I just played the origional MGS on the PSX.

My world will never be the same.

The whole friggin game rocks. Even more than MGS2.

Nothing, but NOTHING can top the Psycho Mantis boss battle.

I'm now at the point when I'm being 'hounded' by the wolves (intended pun) and I can't figure out a way out of there. But this game RULES! PURE AND SIMPLE!!!!!!!11111

Pure bliss...

The Silent Assassin
06-14-2002, 09:04 PM
You all liked the series so much...yet you hadn't played the first? Oh boy...go back and actually play through the original NES one, and if you can, get the MSX sequel on emulation. Gets even better.

Brasel
06-14-2002, 09:36 PM
I love MGS a whole helluva lot better than MGS2. I used to play MG back in the day on my NES...and I played it on ROM recently, but I couldn't kill certain stuff...like bosses, so I quit playing it.

AlexMax
06-14-2002, 09:55 PM
Well, hearing about the series made me like it.

Playing it even made it better.

And for your information, here is how I rate the bosses so far...

OCELOT: Annoying...it's hard to hit him with a pea shooter like a SOCUM.
TANK: Easy, but WOW. Just the feeling of taking down a tank was cool as hell.
NINJA: Now this was good. It got easier as I figured out his weakness, but boy, what a good fight. And lookie, Otracon pissed his pants...just like his daughter...(or was that his niece...I forget) ^_^
MANTIS: Now THIS is the most CREATIVE and HARD FOUGHT bosses I have eve played againt. Who knew you had to plug the controller into the SECOND port so he didn't beat the shit outta me. Mind reading beforehand....hehe...I showed my friend and his g/f who were watching me at the time when he made my controller shake, and they laughed out loud...And making it act like the TV was fucking up...pure genius....

*ahem*

In all respects, Psycho Mantis's boss battle really pulled me into the game. What a boss. ^_^

Hermit
06-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Emma is his step sister

Dracula
06-15-2002, 12:26 AM
The entire Metal Gear series kicked ass! Psycho Mantis is cool... he read my friggin' mind! He said I like Castlevania!!! That is so true! (of course, he reads your memory card...)

Even though most of the game is in overhead view like in the original games, the graphics are still outstanding from where they are! And even though Snake's face has the same expression all the time, it always reflects his attitude. You just can't say no to Konami.

The Silent Assassin
06-15-2002, 12:48 AM
You all don't know the best part...

Use a Dual Shock controller and he'll "physically" demonstrate his psychic powers.

Use a memory card with save states of other PSX Konami games, and he'll talk about them.

AlexMax
06-15-2002, 08:44 AM
This qquestion has been bugging me for some time.

Exactly which games does Psycho Mantis 'see'?

I know he DOES recognize Castlevania, but DOESN'T recognize...oh say...Silent Hill.

And when we got to the dual shock part, my friend and his girlfriend laughed out loud.

But honestly, Psycho Mantis is starting to scare m. Even though I killed him. Last night, I was always paranoid that my vision would black out with nothing but a "HIDEO" in the upper left corner of my mind.

Masamune
06-15-2002, 09:33 AM
he only recognizes other konami titles. there are several ghosts in that game to. i only remember one though in the room you fight phyco mantis there are pictures behind the desk on the wall. if you have the camera (can get by going back to the corridor before ocolot's room and put c-4 on the other part of the wall with the level 5 card) you can take a picture of those pictures on the wall and view them in your photo album in the start up screen. you'll see ghosts!!

mike5000
06-15-2002, 01:45 PM
He knows the game Suikoden !

-S/P

Selah
06-15-2002, 02:20 PM
i have only played the mgs for playstation and it rocked.

obi
06-15-2002, 02:27 PM
Heh, MGS kicked ass, but compared to MGS 2 Snakes revenge on the NES, it was far to easy. I didn't know about the second controler port thing until after I had killed him and my friend kindly told me....

Try playing the NES version through, you'll like it :)

The Silent Assassin
06-15-2002, 03:22 PM
NEVER MENTION SNAKE'S REVENGE!!!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT ENDORSED BY HIDEO KOJIMA, OR EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED AS A METAL GEAR GAME.

MottZilla
06-15-2002, 03:53 PM
There is actually a way to beat psycho mantis "without" changing controller ports. I forget what is was but it was something possible still.

AlexMax
06-16-2002, 12:18 AM
I just beat it...

I will never again get this emotional about a game again.

Ever.

Nothing can top this experience.

(and for your information, I DID save Meryl, as I refused to submit to the torture. Dummo what my rank was, though...)