PDA

View Full Version : Broken link question

fajz
06-14-2002, 05:38 PM
I'm playing the broken link quest and have a couple questions that I hope someone can answer.

1) I entered level 7 in the northwest by the ocean and traveled around and got to the northwest part of the dungeon and got to the mirror shield and the magic key and the lens. I just can't figure out how to get anywhere else. I needed to go all the way up the east side and about half way up the west side. What am I missing? How do I get to these areas?

AND

2) I have beat 7 levels and the 8th is pending the above question. When I go to level 9 it says I have to have 3 Tri-Force pieces. I got 1 in level 1 but all none of the other levels had Tri-force pieces. What gives? Where the heck are the other 2 Tri-force pieces?

Thanks

FZ

ImHoney7
06-14-2002, 07:54 PM
Fajz....It is not possible to do the rooms on the right and left side of level 7...they dont exist. There are 3 triforce pieces....Power, Wisdom and Courage. The third one is at the end of Level 7...have you gotten that? Have you found the Giants wallet and the giving tree? If you found the giving tree...dont burn the tree to get the heart piece or it will quit giving you free rupees. I cant remember where the other triforce is..sorry. It has been so long since I played that quest. I thought that Level 7 was in the NE corner of the overworld in the desert...am I wrong? :heart: When you get to Level 9 and get stuck...let me know and I can guide you through it. :heart:

fajz
06-17-2002, 10:35 AM
Honey7,
I havn't gotten the triforce piece at the end of level 7 because I can't seem to figure out how to go any further than I've been.
(I think that makes since) I've got the Lens, Mirror shield and the Magic Key out of level 7 but can't get any further through any of the rooms. There must be some steps or something that I missing to get to another room or rooms but I just can't find it.
I have the giant wallet ant the giving tree was a god send. I didn't even know you could burn it, but I won't now that I know you can. Level 7 is in the NE where you go north 4 screens in the desert. I take it that level 9 is tricky. If I ever find the other 2 triforce pieces I'll ask for help when I get there. thanks for the help.

FZ

ImHoney7
06-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Fajz...I dont even know if I still have Broken Link on my computer. I will check, and if I do I will go to Level 7 and see what rooms I did. I do know that not all the rooms are accessible. I will get back to you on this. :heart:
Well, I dont have the quest any more. Cant get it from the database either. If you want to send it to me...I will check it out. I hope that the version you have is the bug free one. As far as I know...the author is no longer around. This is a very good quest though. I know someone else that has the quest. I will email them and ask if they can send it to me. :heart:

fajz
06-17-2002, 11:16 AM
There is a place in this quest that looks like thru the lens that you should be able to bomb but when you do you are still blocked. In level 7 you go thru a few rooms and then back outside where you get to two other entrances to different parts of the dungeon. when your outside there is this place, but once bombed like I said you still can't get in. I have a feeling my version has a bug. I hate when that happens. If this other person has the bug free I would really appreciate it if I could get it. Thanks for your help Honey. I'll owe you big.

FZ

Edit: No I'm wrong I bambed and super bombed this place and there is nothing there. The lens shows a change in the area but not a cave door or anything. I'm so confused. If you'll give me your E-Mail address I'll send you the broken link quest that I have. Again thanx FZ

ImHoney7
06-17-2002, 01:28 PM
Fajz ...here is my email. Send me what you have. I know for sure that the author updated the quest while I was playing it when I told him about a few bugs that I couldnt get past. I assume that since you did get past those that you have the newer version. The bug I remember was in a dungeon but not one of the levels. If I get a different version from the other person I will email it to you. :heart: [email protected]

fajz
06-17-2002, 01:39 PM
In the e-mail I sent you I said I couldn't get to the northernmost rooms of level 4. Forget about it I just found a second entrance to L4.

FZ

Edit: Honey7, I found what I was missing in level 7. There are some stone walls that have to be hit TWICE before you can break them. This is the first time I can remember having to do this. SO with 7 beat it's on to Level 9.

FZ

ImHoney7
06-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Fajz..I was just about to tell you about how to get to the part in level 7 that you missed, but I see you already found what you missed. I did already email you about the 2nd entrance to Level 4. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. :heart:

I have had rocks that I had to hit 3 times in other quests to smash them..and things I have had to shoot with 3 arrows to open. :heart:

fajz
06-17-2002, 05:30 PM
Well Honey7 you may be right. I'm in level 9 and got thru the first part. It's exactly like the level 9 of the second quest of the original Zelda game. However In the second part I can't figure out how to get to the rooms to the far east and northeast. I haven't been in those rooms or the "Left eye" and the room below it, or the "right eye" (which has the triforce symbol in it) or the 2 rooms below it. I hate not being able to figure these kind of thing out. I consider myself a pretty good Zelda player. With the len's I've checked all the walls and floors of all the rooms and all I can find is 1 set of steps that are surrounded by blocks that don't move.
At least checking them with the lens they don't move. You have any idea what I'm missing? Well I'm heading to work so I'll say good-bye for now, and maybe we'll talk tomorrow.

Once again thanks for all your help with this quest.

FZ

ImHoney7
06-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Fajz...well, I havent been in Level 9 in ages, but I do remember a clue about a weeping eye or something. Do you know what I am talking about? Are you in the 2nd part of level 9? What you are probably missing is that in one of the rooms...I believe it is on the left wall in the room ...you have to shoot an arrow at the face that has one eye different than the other eye. If this doesnt help...I can walk you through it room by room. Let me know and I will email you the precise directions to the final end. :heart:

Have you been through Dampe's Dungeon? That is where the bug was that had kept me from getting further in this quest till Doug fixed it and sent me the updated version. :heart:

fajz
06-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Honey7,
I have shot every statue in every room in the second part of level 9. With the exception of the rooms I can't figure out how to get to. Nothing. Is it possible that the statue with the different eye is in the first part? I have to admit this has me stumped. That's hard to admit but Doug has done it he has stumped me. Bummer.

FZ

ImHoney7
06-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Fajz..I am positive that it is in the 2nd part of Level 9. I will email you the way through it. :heart: