PDA

View Full Version : Hookshot question

throttleman
06-13-2002, 09:12 PM
Is there a way to make the hookshot chain different shooting it up/down vs. side to side. My problem is, my chain looks really good up/down but when I shoot side to side it looks like...well....a bunch of links laying side by side. I thought about animating the tile but that would screw it up when you shot it up and down. Plaass halp.

DarkSFK
06-13-2002, 09:33 PM
Why not use one of Prince's hookshot tiles? His tiles are the best. It should work both ways.

plith
06-13-2002, 09:51 PM
As a real answer to your question (:eyebrow:), no, you have to make the links of the hookshot be able to fit together vertically and horizontally. (just make a little circle or some such and it won't look all that bad)

VEL
06-13-2002, 10:43 PM
You can do this in the newer versions, but I don't think it is in any of the public releases.

throttleman
06-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Thank you guys. I fixed it by changing the tile. Not what I wanted, but it will work. **sigh**

Um, also, what is wrong with the likes-likes/digdogger kid? Their animations overlap. You either get a like-like that looks like a digdogger kid for some frames or vice versa. Is there a way to fix this?

VEL
06-14-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by throttleman
Thank you guys. I fixed it by changing the tile. Not what I wanted, but it will work. **sigh**

Um, also, what is wrong with the likes-likes/digdogger kid? Their animations overlap. You either get a like-like that looks like a digdogger kid for some frames or vice versa. Is there a way to fix this?

What version are you using? I know 1.92 build 104 has problems with the enemies (they are mostly fixed in newer versions).

Happyman
06-14-2002, 01:58 PM
I have 104, but I don't have that problem.

If only we had new item tiles, new enemy tiles, new link tiles, etc.
New EVERYTHING! :)

throttleman
06-14-2002, 03:21 PM
Well, I was using the version that came with the quest editor (104?), but I downloaded the newer version of the player and now my sound problems are finally fixed :D but now my joystick doesn't work (heh-heh) and I can't seem figure out how to load a custom quest :angry: Someone please stop the insanity!!!!!:cry:

Oh! O.K. Wait, I just figured out how to load custom quests. The fact that the joystick won't work was what was screwing me up.

ShadowTiger
06-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey uh, I think that V1.92 (The Full version, not a beta, but I could be wrong if there is a new ZQuest with a new beta....) will have the ability to differenciate between vertical and horizontal stretches, so you can make a REAL whip or super hookshot effect. (Joy!)

Nick
06-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Well, the new beta definately has that ability. You can also specify how many links are on the chain. If you choose 6, it will look sort of like the LTTP hookshot.

throttleman
06-18-2002, 11:18 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! WOOHOO! ***ahem***
Thank you very much DN!:D