PDA

View Full Version : Lunar for the GBA??

Master Ghaleon
06-12-2002, 08:47 PM
Couple of my freinds said that Lunar was coming out for the GBA. I have been looking for it online but I cant find it. Is this a rumor or is it really going to come out on the GBA?

mrz84
06-12-2002, 09:00 PM
that would be so cool if it was. if not, id be royally peeved at the person who started this rumor. i jst hope that if it isnt true, that your friend didnt start the rumor. if they didnt hten i shall smooooosh the fiend that started this rumor with my large mallet. :gavel: like so. :kawaii: anyways, that would be nice to see. lunar on gba i mean. :kawaii:

vegeta1215
06-12-2002, 09:03 PM
Yeah, it's called Lunar: Legends. I think it's a remake of the first Lunar game, but I'm not sure. I think it's already out in japan, or coming out soon, but I have no idea if the US is getting it. If I find some more info, I'll let you know.

I hope we get it here though, that and Fire Emblem, Shining Soul, and Magical Vacation. I'm tired of japan getting all the RPGs!

mrz84
06-12-2002, 09:22 PM
yes, japan gets the good stuff and leaves us with the petty stuff. im not refering to final fantasy though. anyways, i think that if they didnt bring this to the states, i just might have to move to japan to get the game. of course, then i need to finish learning reading japanese kanji and stuff. oh well. a small price to pay for a good game, wouldn't you agree? :kawaii:

Menokh
06-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Yep, it looks pretty cool. It seems to have the same battle system that we expect in Lunar. Here are some screenshots:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040902/lunar/lunar_screen002.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040902/lunar/lunar_screen012.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040902/lunar/lunar_screen017.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040902/lunar/lunar_screen018.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040902/lunar/lunar_screen020.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040902/lunar/lunar_screen023.jpg

Daarkseid
06-12-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215

I hope we get it here though, that and Fire Emblem, Shining Soul, and Magical Vacation. I'm tired of japan getting all the RPGs!

I was too until I got a PSX.

vegeta1215
06-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

I was too until I got a PSX.

I was thinking of getting a PSX, cause I wouldn't mind playing Crono Cross, but I don't know if I will or not.

I really like old school RPGs, like those of the SNES days, better than anything that's being made for the next gen consoles. GBA RPGs are right up my ally.

Master Ghaleon
06-13-2002, 01:20 AM
I do hope it comes to the US. Im gonna get A platnum gba soon. Toys r us has a special. 69.99 for it plus a worm light that comes with it

Jemsee
06-13-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215

I really like old school RPGs, like those of the SNES days, better than anything that's being made for the next gen consoles. GBA RPGs are right up my ally.

Yes, I know what you mean.
I have not played a good game since Zelda OoT.
Just haven't bought anything or been in the mood.
I'd sit down with some different ones that my kids have gotten like Tony Hawk and MidiEvil, but just can't get into it.
Then I found a *mumble rom mumble* of Golden Sun and started messing with it, took a little whyle but now am engrossed with the story and game play.
The new ones may be flashy and are good but I do like a good 'ol school game.

DarkDragoonX
06-13-2002, 11:24 PM
Actually, having played the Lunar: Legends ROPM, I can say, in my official capacity as the local Lunar Nazi, that it isn't that great. The battle system has changed a bit, with the worst addition being *shudder* limit breaks. Yeah, you heard me right. Gaaaaayyyyyy. Second, they have substantially altered the geography of Lunar in this remake. Of course, it's a good game, since it IS Lunar, but it's nothing compared to SSSC, and it's even worse when you compare it to the original TSS.

zables
06-14-2002, 01:31 AM
Im just a little curious, What system(s) did lunar come out one?

Daarkseid
06-14-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
Actually, having played the Lunar: Legends ROPM, I can say, in my official capacity as the local Lunar Nazi, that it isn't that great. The battle system has changed a bit, with the worst addition being *shudder* limit breaks. Yeah, you heard me right. Gaaaaayyyyyy. Second, they have substantially altered the geography of Lunar in this remake. Of course, it's a good game, since it IS Lunar, but it's nothing compared to SSSC, and it's even worse when you compare it to the original TSS.

Heh hehheheh ehe... heh heh... Lunar Nazi... hah hahah...

Master Ghaleon
06-14-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by zables
Im just a little curious, What system(s) did lunar come out one?

if i remember correctly it is 4, sega cd, Sega Saturn, Playstation and now GBA

Lunar for Sega Saturn didnt come out in the US. It was called Lunar 3 Magic School? Someone please correct me if im wrong

Menokh
06-14-2002, 02:20 AM
Here is a list of Lunar games so far:

Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)
Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD)
Lunar: Eternal Blue Remix (Sega Saturn)
Lunar: Magic School (Sega Saturn)
Lunar: Magic School (Sega Game Gear)
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (PSX)
Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete (PSX)
Lunar: Legends (GBA)

Master Ghaleon
06-14-2002, 10:04 PM
oh wow, I didnt know about the Lunar Eternal Blue Remix

Menokh
06-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
oh wow, I didnt know about the Lunar Eternal Blue Remix

And neither did I until a couple of weeks ago.
It was only released in Japan, and didn't do so well.

Master Ghaleon
06-14-2002, 10:20 PM
I like your Avatar Menokh :) Its Hiro right? I will hope to have Master Ghaleon as mine one day. He is my Favorite Character in the Lunar Series.

Menokh
06-14-2002, 10:29 PM
yes it is Hiro, from an early cinema scene in Lunar Eternal Blue Complete.

And I kinda figured that Ghaleon was your favorite Lunar character, your name seems to give it away(so does your sig).