PDA

View Full Version : The Item pond... What will it be?

ShadowTiger
06-12-2002, 09:53 AM
When it is implemented, or if ever, exactly what will it be? What kind of items can you put it or take out. Is it like the place in ALTTP where you get the silver arrows from the tragically ugly fairy? Or where you can put in some bait in some water and some armor comes out. (Or an armos.....)

EWild
06-12-2002, 10:06 AM
I don't think DN has any plans on this one but I may be wrong...

Dark Nation
06-12-2002, 11:40 AM
Not sure how I would program it, but the item pond would work like in LttP. You select an item to throw in and you get an item back. It would be set up kind of like a shop. But instead of 3 items and 3 prices, you pick 3 give items and 3 get items. If you throw an item in that you didn't put on the list, you get that same item back. Assuming I can code it.

ShadowTiger
06-13-2002, 09:23 AM
And good luck with that. It would make a great addition to Zelda Classic. Say, do you think that it would be (near) possible by now at least to make a Z3 Clone from Zelda Classic? I know that there was already one who came very close, I think it was called Zelda's Order, or Crests of Hyrule.

matthew986
06-13-2002, 02:44 PM
Use Open Zelda for a Z3 Clone

Yobumcha
06-13-2002, 06:46 PM
It was called Hyrule Magic.

Daarkseid
06-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Yobumcha
It was called Hyrule Magic.

No no no, Hyryle Magic is just a rom editor. Open Zelda is an actual game engine meant to clone Zelda 3. I also believe GU is making its own Zelda 3 clone.

Dragonlord
06-14-2002, 05:18 AM
How does Open Zelda work? I downloaded the program, but I can't make heads or tails of it. All I can do is place some grass and trees, which I subsequently can't open with the player.

Happyman
06-14-2002, 02:01 PM
Umm, I think that question belongs in the other forums.

Item pond? SWEEEEEET! ;)

ShadowTiger
06-16-2002, 07:51 AM
Thank you... but my original question, which is more like a poll than not, is if with V1.92's capabilities, (excluding the item pond of course,) Do you think that there could be a near match of the Z3 World? It doesn't have to have perfect mimications (???) Check out the quests Zelda's Order and The Golden Seal to see what I mean. Those are very fantastic quests.

K-Teclis
06-16-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

No no no, Hyryle Magic is just a rom editor. Open Zelda is an actual game engine meant to clone Zelda 3. I also believe GU is making its own Zelda 3 clone.

We have a very cool Zelda 3 clone at GU!
Click on the link in my sig!

And also look at the other projects there!