PDA

View Full Version : Question about ZC betas

vegeta1215
06-12-2002, 09:47 AM
Hey guys, I've been reading up on some of the features that have been worked on since 1.90, and everything looks really awesome.

I might have missed it, but does anyone know if Editable 'Guys' have been added? You know, so you can use more than just the old man, old woman, shop keeper, moblin, etc...? I was also wondering if it's been changed so that you can change the end game string.

Don't get me wrong, I think all the new features sound awesome, and I applaud DN for all his work, but there are still a few things that I think could be added to make ZC even closer to the original game (instead of more like Zelda 3), and I didn't know if they'd been added or thought about.

EWild
06-12-2002, 10:02 AM
Yep can change the fire guy to all "X"s and then a string will pop up but there will be no person sayin it so you can make it look lile anyone is sayins the string even you. :)

Raichu86
06-12-2002, 10:39 AM
I think most people use layers and combos to make their people now. And yes, the end string can be changed now. :)

DarkSFK
06-12-2002, 03:55 PM
The end string is in 104, the public beta.

vegeta1215
06-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Sweet! I really like what EWild said about Xing out the fire guy. Very cool.

Ok, I'm happy :D

EWild
06-12-2002, 05:41 PM
Oh and don't forget to use the rule "No fire with guy" rule. I think that is what it is called.

vegeta1215
06-12-2002, 05:44 PM
Ooh, I must've forgotten to read that in the updates thread too. But, I'll most likely use the fire in the room, cause my quest is gonna use original graphics, with some modifications. It'll be weird though, alot of people only use new graphics, mine will stand out :)

Hehe, I was gonna play the betas, but I really wanna wait for the next final release.

EWild
06-12-2002, 05:52 PM
Old graphics eh... it shurly WILL stand out but don't forget to make it a little new so it's not boring as in the graphics. Make new and exciting things and hopefully it will be a good and playworthy quest.

BTW what it the quest called?

vegeta1215
06-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Oh, beats me. I haven't started yet. I've just been wanting to make my own quest for the longest time, but haven't had time. I still don't know when I'll get time.

I'll probably just call it "vegeta's quest". I don't care too much for names or making a quest that's over elaborate like the other Zeldas.

GuitarmanTim
06-13-2002, 05:50 AM
anyone that remembers Alpro's quest will know that origional graphics do rock, you can still make a very good/great quest with origional graphics if you edit them a bit, add a few etc.