PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic Beta 160

bigjoe
06-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Just droppin a line for all you forgetful folks....

Dark Nation writes:

"DO NOT SAVE OVER OLD QUESTS WITH THIS VERSION! THERE IS A VERY GOOD POSSIBILITY THAT YOU WILL CORRUPT SOMETHING! THE NEXT BETA MIGHT NOT READ QUESTS FROM THIS BETA! USE BETA 152 INSTEAD!

What's new in this version (make sure you get the beta 159 Support Archive as well):

1. More fixes to the combo-pagelessness code.

2. Fixed the code for moving combos. Now, screens, doors, secret, and undercombos are updated as well.

3. Fixed the 'R' key in ZC.

4. Fixed the '*', '+' and '-' keys in ZC. '*' refills your life. '+' give you 1 more unit of life. '-' takes away a unit of life. Hold down shift when you press '+' or '-' and it will affect magic instead of life. Holding control will make it affect containers (heart containers or magic containers). Hitting the '/' key refills your magic meter. Should I make this shift+'*' instead?

5. The combo misalignment arrows are back in.

6. Walk flags now appear on top of everything.

7. Fixed some problems with overhead combos in relation to screen effects (warping and such) and text.

8. Screenshots now work properly with the "No Subscreen" screen flag set.

9. Updated the door combo set creation code (used when loading older quests) so that the top and bottom combos of left and right bomb doors are pulled from the current screen instead of from the template screen.

10. Added 2 new combo types. "Eyeball A" and "Eyeball B". Both change their appearance based on where link is located in relation to them. Basically, you could use them to make eyeballs that look at Link wherever he is. "Eyeball A" has direction tracking that looks like this:
Pics don't wanna work. Click this link.
"Eyeball B" has direction tracking that looks like this:
Pics don't wanna work. Click this link.
I can't really think of a better way to describe it. Test it and see what you think.

Can't remember any other changes at the moment. I may add more later.

I'm sure that the bug that previously was corrupting quests that had exactly 256 combos is still around. I think it's a roaming bug, though, so something else may trigger it now. You might want to turn on the auto-backup feature."

You know where to go...