PDA

View Full Version : Infinite block push.

DarkSFK
06-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Um, when you push an infinite block push over a tile that isn't set as the under combo, (E.G. the plain floor vs. the purple floor) the other floor tile turns into the under combo.

Cloral
06-11-2002, 02:22 AM
Of course it does. It's supposed to work that way. If you want it to look differently, what you can do is place the floor on layer 1, and it won't be messed up by the push block while it stays beneath it.

This shalt be moved to ZC Quest editor help.

Jigglysaint
06-11-2002, 03:07 PM
I think this problem was fixed allready so no need to worry.

Dark Nation
06-11-2002, 03:39 PM
You're thinking of a different problem, Jiggly. The "problem" is still there. It's not a problem, just how the system works. Kind of like "I hit Gohma with the sword and he didn't die! The sword is long and pointy like the arrow, so it should work!" It's not a bug, just how the system works.

Jigglysaint
06-11-2002, 03:53 PM
LOL! I allways thought it was because you has to aim it just right or it wouldn't work. Under that system a slingshot would work just as well. I guess I was thinking of somthing else.

DarkSFK
06-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Sorry, I thought it was a bug. It was wierd because the block seemed to soak up the other floor tiles.

Cloral
06-11-2002, 11:00 PM
Yeah - you have to be careful using it or you get bad results. What I like to do is whenever I have infinite push blocks I put in a different floor pattern that looks the same everywhere. Then if I have any of the basic floor as well, I put 'no push-blocks' flags on the edges to prevent the push blocks from getting onto them and messing them up.

Jigglysaint
06-12-2002, 02:59 PM
Actually, you could improve on this and make a room flag "all floor same=secret". If all the floor in the room is the same(ignores flags), then the secret triggers. There's this puzzle in Lufia 2 where you have to use a block to smooth out a carpet to open a door. It could work here as well.

DarkSFK
06-12-2002, 09:29 PM
That is actually really cool! MAny new puzzles could be made witht that feature, but how would it be implimented? I mean, the game doesnt read the combo as a floor.

NerdWarrior
06-26-2002, 04:20 PM
That sounds like the Ages floor puzzles.

EIHoppe
06-26-2002, 04:29 PM
Speaking of which, could that be implemented? Like a flag that changes the floor to the under combo when Link walks on it? And then have a All Walkable Combo ---> Secret (or Shutter)? That would make some devilish puzzles!

Happyman
06-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Well, I got pretty devilish in my "Push the Bush" puzzle set in my quest. Some of them, you have to push the bush right over spikes, and then they turn into floor so that you can walk over them.

Some of my Push the Bush puzzles are EXTREMELY difficult.

C-Dawg
07-02-2002, 03:52 AM
Yea, I go to bars and try to talk girls into letting me play "push the bush" all the time. It's a really fucking hard game. I only win a few times a year, sadly.

But, like DN said, it's not a bug. It's a feature.

-C