PDA

View Full Version : Police catches person trying to build 'dirty bomb'. Film at 11.

AlexMax
06-10-2002, 08:05 PM
Apparently, some guy connected with Al Quieda was trying to build a 'dirty bomb', or a bomb with radioactive material on it.

The mo-fo was caught and is now in custady. Hopefully, he'll be executed for treason like that muslam fundamentalist son of a bitch deserves.

(this is not intended as a flame toward any respected muslam. But seriously, all the fundamentalists hate our guts and spout off jihad crap like it was in style. They need to all be executed like the animals they are.)

E-FORCE
06-10-2002, 08:09 PM
Exactly where was this? If that thing was used, it would made 9/11 more like a firecracker. The power of a nuke is great even if it's not as professional as say military built.

Rijuhn
06-10-2002, 08:12 PM
I heard about this on the news everyday since a few weeks ago, I'm surprised you just heard about this.

EWild
06-10-2002, 08:13 PM
DOn't kill him, put him in a ring with some Americans and then see who get's out alive! I can see it now...

Extra, extra! Al-Queda a-hole goes against mob of angry americans

AlexMax
06-10-2002, 08:15 PM
Actually it was 'breaking news' today.

Look on any major news site.

Found one on CNN...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/06/10/dirty.bomb.suspect/index.html

Elemental Knight
06-10-2002, 08:36 PM
A dirty bomb isn't nessessarily a 'nuke', because fission doesn't have to occour. It's just got radioactive stuff in it, meaning fallout. Otherwise, it's a conventional/chemical bomb. Also, just because he's connected to Al-Quada doesn't mean he's even Muslim. Al-Queda isn't so much a religous faction as a far-right political group manned by rich cut-throats with loads of charisma.

That, and it's not suprising that someone can build a dirty bomb. Hell, a nuke would be fairly easy to build; given a year and sufficient funds, you can build your very own A-Bomb (just like mom used to fear for, except this one's now 85% less Red).

Welcome to Earth, please choose from our wide variety of destructive devices, and there's a blue-light special in Isle 5.

Rijuhn
06-10-2002, 08:58 PM
No, they said he went over to Pakistan to study Islam, and he changed his name to fit his new Muslim beliefs. I don't care if he was going to make a bomb or not, he was with Al Qeuda and he should get an ass whiping for it.

Rainman
06-10-2002, 09:00 PM
The guy didn't have all the materials to build the bomb. They caught him while he was looking for them. Not like it would be that significant anyways. An average dirty bomb would kill about 5 people and the rest could be treated with Iodide pills and such. A nuclear device is what we should be scared about. They aren't that easy to get, but any Osama out there with ambition could get it with effort in a year or two.

Seigeless
06-10-2002, 09:23 PM
and to think that he is an American citizen... makes you wonder who we should and should not entrust.

Skatche
06-10-2002, 10:15 PM
The Al Qaeda headlines are probably something along the lines of "Great Martyr Entrapped While Building a Tool for the Great Enemy's Destruction". Subtitle: "The American Pigs Have Won This Battle, But We Shall Win the War". Just thought I'd shed some perspective on the situation.

Paradox
06-10-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
An average dirty bomb would kill about 5 people and the rest could be treated with Iodide pills and such.

actually with the extremely high radioactivity levels, many would develop cancer

Jigglysaint
06-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Paradox

actually with the extremely high radioactivity levels, many would develop cancer

And this would make a difference, how?

Most people will develope cancer anyway.

Okay, I'm just stating a fact that cancer is rampant in the US. I actually heard tat people would be instantly killed if subjected to a bomb blast. Personally I think that this person needs to be offed ASAP. You try to mass murder, you forfit your life, fair trade?

Paradox
06-10-2002, 11:45 PM
so you believe in the death penalty?

Cyclone
06-10-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Skatche
The Al Qaeda headlines are probably something along the lines of "Great Martyr Entrapped While Building a Tool for the Great Enemy's Destruction". Subtitle: "The American Pigs Have Won This Battle, But We Shall Win the War". Just thought I'd shed some perspective on the situation.

Yes. The follow-up story a month from now: "Martyr to be Tried on Intent to Cause Massive Murder." Sub-title: "Pigs from the West Intend to Send Message Through God."

And a month from then: "New Martyr Found in Northwest U.S." Sub-title: "Previous Martyr Given Death Penalty. Abandoned by Country."

:D

I wonder what they said with 9-11...

Cyclone

obi
06-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
(this is not intended as a flame toward any respected muslam. But seriously, all the fundamentalists hate our guts and spout off jihad crap like it was in style. They need to all be executed like the animals they are.)

There is only one thing I'm gonna bitch about, spell it right! :)

It is MUSLIM. ;)

But on a more positive(?) note -

I doubt they'll kill him, but punish him they shall.

-AGN's only(?) Muslim-

or

-AGN's only(?) Islamic member-

OBI :sly:

Skatche
06-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone

Yes. The follow-up story a month from now: "Martyr to be Tried on Intent to Cause Massive Murder." Sub-title: "Pigs from the West Intend to Send Message Through God."

And a month from then: "New Martyr Found in Northwest U.S." Sub-title: "Previous Martyr Given Death Penalty. Abandoned by Country."

:D

I wonder what they said with 9-11...

Cyclone

No no, you missed the whole point. What I was saying is that to the Muslims, this is a terrible tragedy and a setback.