PDA

View Full Version : get more from less

obi
06-10-2002, 05:39 PM
NOTE:This may belong in think tank, if you have the ability to, please fell free to move it if you want to. I won't mind but I'ed prefer for it to stay in GD.

This has been going on in my head for a while and is probably about as off-topic as it gets -

3 devided by 0.5 equals 6 right?

So that would mean that if I had 3 sweets and decided to share them between another person I'ed only get 1.5 sweets for my self. But now, if I were to give the sweets to a half person in proportion to what a whole person would get then I would give them 6 sweets even though I only have 3. This would be true when using direct logic and not reasonable logic and by using the law of Mathematics. Also this would mean that in the intrests of mathematics and human curiosity I would be able to Cut a person or tangible object in half in order to see if maths is true to it's logic.

Right or wrong? you decide.

:eyebrow:

Seigeless
06-10-2002, 09:28 PM
A "half person" does not exist. So its most likely fauty logic.

Paradox
06-10-2002, 10:13 PM
3 divided by 1/2 is the same as 3 times 2/1 (or 2) so the answer is 6. couldn't you just use a calculator? (i didn't need to though)

and you couldve just put this in the math thread in TT

obi
06-11-2002, 04:44 PM
there is a math thread in TT?
well, I must say...

Drunken Tiger
06-11-2002, 10:22 PM
Yeah there is a maths thread in TT.. but the Mahts there is like way over my head!!:rolleyes:

I have given up after like two questions!!

Tygore
06-11-2002, 11:52 PM
You would be giving the person two candies in relation to his half self. So to him, there are 6 candies.

Now let's talk anatomy...