PDA

View Full Version : Wow summer TV is really bad...

PrfectGREG
06-10-2002, 03:04 PM
I mean no more 24, Dark Angel, re runs of that 70's show... blah.

Now what Bachlorets in Alaska, Teen Idol what the fuck is this crap.

well at least theres trusty ole Comedy Central with new Crank Yankers (very very funny) and soon new south parks!!

Well still I can catch up on my video games, and AGN!

VEL
06-10-2002, 04:05 PM
The shows that I watch that are new, or going to be new soon, are Farscape and South Park.

Dirk the Daring
06-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Well, I missed a bunch of shows I liked near the end of the season, so some of the reruns will be new to me.

Dracula
06-10-2002, 06:14 PM
uhh... the worst thing about summer is probably all the useless reruns (even though the only show that's reruns are NEVER bad... The Simpsons).

Still, I got my 'Cube, my '64, and my NES (my SNES became shit, so I took it apart and now I'm trying to make it a handheld... I already got a perfect sized LCD screen) So I'll hopefully be happy with this summer... Though, I need a job.

MrCow
06-10-2002, 06:18 PM
lol welll theres always farscape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i dunno I usually go outside during the summer enjoy it

Discombobulator
06-10-2002, 06:26 PM
I'm gonna get a job.

EWild
06-10-2002, 06:31 PM
I'm gonna play vidio games, ZC/Zelda Quest, TV reruns *shudders* but Star Trek will suffice me for the time being.

Daarkseid
06-10-2002, 06:41 PM
I'm gonna continue to watch shitty TV, sit on my PC, eat junkfood, and allow the emptiness inside me to disembowl me completely.

BTW, if you Dracula, actually manage to make this SNES handheld, you should take pictures and post them. It might be neat to see such a device...

EWild
06-10-2002, 07:13 PM
Yeah it could revelutionize the hand-held industry!! (Not likely.)

Discombobulator
06-10-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by EWild
Yeah it could revelutionize the hand-held industry!!

Probably not, but it would be neat to see. :)

Dracula
06-10-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

BTW, if you Dracula, actually manage to make this SNES handheld, you should take pictures and post them. It might be neat to see such a device...

Right now, it's basicly a chip-board, messed up wirin, peices of my broken GBA, SNES button contacts, 4 Chrtistmas Tree lights for better seeing, and a 4"x4.5" LCD screen. I'm trying to figure out the best way to save batteries, so right now it's still pluged into a wall, the picture is in negative, and there is no sound. Though, it will have a headphone jack, and could still be hooked up to a TV for 2 player support. I have almost all my supplies, so... let's jsut hope this can work!!!

Discombobulator
06-10-2002, 07:26 PM
Try switching the polarity on the screen.

Seigeless
06-10-2002, 09:21 PM
Indeed, I've been noticing that other than sports, there are really few new and interesting shows on TV.

E-FORCE
06-10-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Seigeless
Indeed, I've been noticing that other than sports, there are really few new and interesting shows on TV.
True. Most shows these days are becoming more and more like the gimmicks made fun of in The Simpsons and other such shows. One of the most recent would be that Baby Bob, the FOX specials that have been showing as of late (i.e. That Idol and Bachloetes shows), and shows that are have strange similiarities to others.

Mak-X
06-10-2002, 11:09 PM
I really don't find much on TV interesting to me at all.
All I ever watch is Toonami and Adult Swim Action and a few other shows on Cartoon Network, and Extended Play on Tech TV. I used to watch Hercules a lot, and some of Xena, I like the setting those shows had. I just don't find much on TV that great for me to watch, my interests are really narrow or niche I guess. I watch the Simpsons but not regularly on Sundays anymore.
It was great when Tenchi Muyo! premiered in July on Cartoon Network about 2 years ago. At least there's Mobile Suit Gundam, Yu Yu Hakusho, and the rest of Cowboy Bebob for me to watch, but they're only on once a week on the same night.

Paradox
06-10-2002, 11:12 PM
i have to get a job. no more summers where i can go on vacation or sit on my ass all day.