PDA

View Full Version : Trillian

Drunken Tiger
06-10-2002, 08:08 AM
Is it really that good??

I want to know before i install it.... Some say its crap, some say its good..

What do you say..

:confused:

Nick
06-10-2002, 09:11 AM
Well, it is good for talking on multiple chat servers at once.

It features most of what the messengers for those services have, but I don't like how I can't have a profile (I've never figured out how to change it).

It has skins you can download for it too (though I've stuck with the default one because it is the most functional one).

It automatically imports your buddy list from AIM, so that is another good thing.

I seem to like it ok. You could always switch if you don't like it.

Gerudo
06-10-2002, 09:29 AM
a comment on Trillian is based on user experience with the program... all it does is have yahoo, msn, icq, irc, and aim all into one program...

alli can say is try it for yourself... :shrug:

Cyclone
06-10-2002, 12:47 PM
It also imports your ICQ list.

Cyclone

Raichu86
06-10-2002, 01:52 PM
I've never used it, but I've used a similar client for Linux, and I love it. So I assume it's excellent.

If only they would make a Linux version. :sweat:

slayer6896
06-10-2002, 01:58 PM
it is a pretty good program

MottZilla
06-10-2002, 02:16 PM
I hate it. It's useless.

Zaphod Q. IX
06-10-2002, 03:03 PM
If you use it the way it comes installed to come to IRC, it annoys the crap out of everyone else in the room. I've seen numerous people come into the #AGN chat after installing trillian, and their text is strange colors on backgrounds, which will earn you jeers from the whole room until you change it. That's about all I know about it. :shrug:

ExS
06-10-2002, 03:19 PM
one thing is u cant use irc script and its a bit buggy

ExS
06-10-2002, 03:21 PM
hmmm why cant i talk

cyberkitten
06-10-2002, 03:24 PM
please hit "edit" in the bottom right corner of your post if you have something to add. i know you're new, but we don't really allow double posts. thanks :D

vegeta1215
06-10-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Raichu86
I've never used it, but I've used a similar client for Linux, and I love it. So I assume it's excellent.

If only they would make a Linux version. :sweat:

Raichu, go get gaim for Linux. It lets you connect to aim, icq, yahoo, msn, and irc, just like trillian.

But, in my opinion gaim is better than trillian. A simple reason: tabbed chat interface :D Check it out: http://gaim.sourceforge.net

theplustwo
06-10-2002, 07:55 PM
I really like trillian, but I use mIRC for IRC chat, but trillian is great for aim and the like ;)

Nick
06-10-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215

Raichu, go get gaim for Linux. It lets you connect to aim, icq, yahoo, msn, and irc, just like trillian.

But, in my opinion gaim is better than trillian. A simple reason: tabbed chat interface :D Check it out: http://gaim.sourceforge.net

I think Raichu uses Everybuddy, or something like that for Linux. It does that stuff too from what I seen at the website for it.

Cyclone
06-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by ExS
hmmm why cant i talk

I thought I just heard something...;)

Welcome. :)

Cyclone

goKi
06-11-2002, 02:52 AM
trillian is good for aim and icq, but dont use it for more than one account on msnm, it will end up sending auth messages to everyone on the other person's account unless you manually delete the imported lists.

vegeta1215
06-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Nick

I think Raichu uses Everybuddy, or something like that for Linux. It does that stuff too from what I seen at the website for it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I looked at Everybuddy, but it's ugly looking. It doesn't even have aim and icq etc... icons for your buddy list! That would really confuse me. Instead they have ugly colored circles...

gaim is better :)

Trusso
06-11-2002, 08:18 PM
If you instal it I want to warn you, you can have different accounts and therefore different msn lists on trillian, you cant log on but you can have them, when you do add one, for some reason it takes the two lists and if a name is missing from list a that is on list b the name from list b goes to a, and the like, it becomes very confuseing for the other people on your list. Trust me it happened to me.

Nick
06-11-2002, 08:32 PM
Related to Trillian, is there a way to drag a pic into it without the file transfer thing popping up. That's the only thing besides having no profile that annoys me. -_-

Drunken Tiger
06-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Since it annoys so many people i dont think I'll install it!!