PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, the US isn't the only place that argues about mascots...

inori
06-10-2002, 06:12 AM
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en/020401/8/cfp.html

:eyebrow:

Apparently, the US isn't the only place that worries about "political correctness." :laughing:

obi
06-10-2002, 06:47 AM
lol

Well, at least it is clear that the entire country is in volved in the football in some way eh?

Oh yeah, can some one tell me the scores for Korea and USA's match? I missed the latter of the match due to exhams, I watch USA score their goal though, I must admit it was a good goal.

EDIT - no wait forget it, I just saw DT's post. :)

Rijuhn
06-10-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm Chrisian, but that's too extreme. Stupid religious freaks. They have nothing better to do than try to make a big fuss about a name of a team. This is what I hate. When extremists get bored they'll pick a fight with anyone. Same way in America with some of those little groups. When things start to settle down and everyone is happy again, PETA or something makes an ass out of themselve just for attention, it's pathetic.

Rainman
06-10-2002, 02:45 PM
I remember hearing that one elementary school changed their Tiger mascot because it was "too menacing." I don't remember what they changed it too, but it was a few school supplies...

millmill
06-10-2002, 03:41 PM
This is just some guys who just wanted some attention, and they felt that this was the best way to do it. What a bunch of idiots.

Beldaran
06-10-2002, 04:53 PM
duh, no one worth respecting intellectually really takes devils seriously anyways. No one is going to think less of korea if their fans have a club. Hell, we have a hockey team called the New Jersy Devils. You don't see the vatican lobbying for a change of New Jersy's maskot.:blah:

Paradox
06-10-2002, 04:55 PM
RELGIUOS EXTERMSITS!!!!!!!!!!!11111111