PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy

HyperShadow
06-10-2002, 02:22 AM
how do you like final fantasy 10?

Drunken Tiger
06-10-2002, 03:14 AM
I have only played FF8 so i cant really judge... But if FF10 is anything like FF10 it sucks shit... Its just a better version of pokemon... You guys take turns hitting each other... Not really my type of game....:shrug:

Cloral
06-10-2002, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
But if FF10 is anything like FF10 it sucks shit...

I would think they would be exactly the same.

FF8 and FF10 are quite different, although I haven't played FF10 myself.

Daarkseid
06-10-2002, 04:46 AM
FFX plays so much differently than FFVIII(where differences exist in FF games anyway). The battle system is signifigantly different from all previous FF games. The game also moves much more smoothly than FFVIII.

obi
06-10-2002, 07:21 AM
I've only played the deom and it was quite cool, I like the limits I saw and the changeing members in battle is good because you can have bigger teams that way.

Duran
06-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Well Its good, but I'm growing out of the final fantasy series, its really starting to bore me, there's not really a whole lot of playing I do, all it is, is move the cursor to attack or magic, heal etc. I tend to enjoy real time rpg's alot more now.

ShadowFire
06-10-2002, 07:21 PM
FFX was ok, I thought the plot was way to lynear, i beat it in a week, it took one more to finish the side quests,(if you can call them that) I still say that FFVI was the best in the whole searies, and ive beeten all of them except 2,&3.

mrz84
06-11-2002, 12:08 AM
havent played past 9 since i dont have ps2. a ps1 but not a ps2. yet. :kawaii:

zables
06-11-2002, 12:15 AM
Well i have only finished upto 7 and even that was a looong time ago... but finaly fantasy 10 looked cool, i got to watch it for about a half and hour, but i dunno, i think that 7 was the best, i have seen 8 and played through the first disc of nine and i thought that nine was awesome too. but so far, 7 stands as the best in my ranks...

PrfectGREG
06-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Its a good game, from what I have played.

I havent played it in a long time, and I am not very far in it...

so I put other...

Its good but not on my high priority list!

The Silent Assassin
06-11-2002, 07:31 PM
I loved it so much, it's the first FF game I did everything in. Spent 140 hours doing it, too. Nemesis was in deed a worthy ultimate boss.

DarkDragoonX
06-11-2002, 09:41 PM
FF6(j), FF4(j), FF1, and FF2(j), are the only good Final Fantasy games. All others suck gigantic amounts of ass.

Warlock
06-11-2002, 11:12 PM
lol, FF8 is quite possibly the worst FF (at least since the NES titles, I havn't played those so I can't comment). I hated FF8.. Square tried to do all this new stuff, and most of it sucked. Summons were annoyingly long but pretty much required, enemies that get harder as you level up just make you want to stay at level 1 (what the hell is the point?!?), wierd ass junction system (I never really got that), "Drawing" magic (pain in the ass!!), etc.. hated it!

FFX is awesome though. I was very impressed. I particularly like the Sphere Grid system (all characters can learn everything eventually, or you can have them learn whatever you want by moving them in different directions).. Also, the ability to switch characters in battle (even though you can only have three total, since you can switch back in forth, it's not that bad.. you can have all characters fight in a battle to level up)..

Daarkseid
06-11-2002, 11:17 PM
I got the junction system... the only problem with it was having to sit endlessly and draw magic for it.

FFVIII wasn't the best, but I don't think its the worst... FF2j deserves that distinction, I think.

Warlock
06-11-2002, 11:30 PM
Well yeah, I sort of understood it.. it was just a bit complex.. Definately not the best system.. and yes, I hated drawing magic.. you just had to sit there getting your ass kicked while you basically "stole" magic over and over and over.. at least when you are actually using Steal it's only one or two items per enemy.. not 100!

Cloral
06-12-2002, 01:52 AM
Actually, the summons in ff8 were unnecesary. If you just drew out 100 of each spell for each character in your party and then junctioned them, you would be so strong that no enemy could stand up to you even without your using the summons. It just took the time to build yourself up, which was annoying.

mrz84
06-12-2002, 04:53 PM
personally i havent played 8 save for a pc demo. i think the best were most likely a tie between 6, 7, and 9 since i havent gone past 9 yet seeing i dont have a ps2 yet. anyways, the system used in 8 isnt that hard to comprehend like cloral said, junction the stuff inot your armor and such and you got yourself power that could make even hades and ozma(secret FF9 bosses) look like......an oglop. :kawaii:

EWild
06-13-2002, 08:41 AM
FF9 wasn't really that good and FF10 wasn't any better. I played it through but it just didn't really have the FF feel to it. I dunno maybe it's just me...

The Silent Assassin
06-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Well, I at least like how the FF series changes it up with each installment with something totally new...something Zelda has yet to do...and it is annoying me.