PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.0 cover art contest (reposted from GD)

The Savior
06-09-2002, 11:44 PM
I am horribly sorry that I couldn't get the voting up any earlier, but a combination of finals, my ISP crapping out, and me leaving for the weekend once again made me submit this late. Jemsee was the only contributer this time around, but that's the way it goes. I'd like to commend Jemsee on submiting regularily, if not for him, often times there's be no submissions at all. For contest number 16, I have a little something differant. For those of you who keep up with the ZC forums, you already know about DN's plans for a ZC 2.0 CD, and what needs to go with a CD? CD art, of course! What I'm requiring for the contest is sleeve art (that's the cover of the little square booklet) and art to be on the CD itself. I'm not making any promises on whether the art will be used or not, but I'll see what I can do. Voting will be on the Wednesday 1.5 weeks from now.

One correction to that, you now have two and a half weeks instead of one and a half. Either E-mail or PM me the URL of your pic, and I'll host'em. Good luck!

[edit] Check out my sig if you're unfamiliar with the Photoshop contest.

Jemsee
06-10-2002, 12:53 AM
Are there any extra rules as in copyright rules?
Can we take existing pics and make a collage like thing or does all this have to be original work?

The Savior
06-10-2002, 01:03 AM
I think that original work would be cool, but copyrighted images are OK too.

Dark Nation
06-10-2002, 09:28 AM
You can see more information about the contest here (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57745).

The Savior
06-10-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
Also, if you are using the templates I've provided, please keep a copy of your final product and don't merge the layers. This way, I can turn off the center hole so it will print properly on CD labels that have different-sized holes, especially if you print is slightly larger than the CD to make sure it covers completely. If you don't understand what I am talking about, don't worry about it. Just make sure you don't merge the CD hole layer with any other layers and you should be fine.

Can we take this to mean that the winning entry will be on the CD?

Dark Nation
06-11-2002, 03:43 PM
I'll probably just include the PhotoShop or JPEG files of all the entrants on the CD so you can print your own. I don't have access to a color printer anymore, so I couldn't print them anyway.