PDA

View Full Version : Fallen One: Level 7

KevG
06-09-2002, 09:46 PM
O.K., I'm clearly missing something here, but I'm stuck on
level 7 of the Fallen One. I can't seem to get either key.
I believe I've been in every room except the rooms behind
the locked doors, the room that appears to need the
flippers to access (on the left hand side of the map), the
room directly to the right of the "top" key, and the rooms
above and to the right of the "bottom" key.

The only staircases I've found are the ones that lead to
either end of the top part of the map. Am I missing one?
Is there some way of opening the shutters in the room
with the "bottom" key? Are there room not on the map?
(Other than the one with the rupees) Is there some way
of accessing the room on the left without flippers? Am I
missing something else bloody obvious?

Thanks for any help.

Kev

DarkFlameWolf
06-09-2002, 11:59 PM
Um, if I remember correctly, from the start, head right and up and keeping heading right and up until you find a room with blocks and blue darknuts. One of those blocks should have a staircase underneath it.

KevG
06-10-2002, 09:23 AM
Um, this takes me to a room with a key. That's as far as I can get. If there's a way to open the shutter on the right I haven't found it. I also went back and pushed every block I had access to. No luck. Any other ideas?

Kev

p.s. Sorry to make you dredge your memory on an older game like this. :)

DarkFlameWolf
06-10-2002, 04:54 PM
yeah, to tell you the truth, I don't remember level 7 at ALL. I'll have to go look at it directly in ZQ, so I'll get back to you.

radder1
06-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Wolf seems right to me. You have to go one more room to the right of the room with the key at the top (maybe bomb the right wall -- I can't remember). There is a staircase here that takes you to the room above the key and you go down to get it. You use this key to get the flippers which opens up the rest of the level.

bmowrey
11-15-2002, 12:57 PM
I know, old thread, but still stuck here. . .

http://home.att.net/~bmowrey/zelda001.gif

From this thread, I believe the door to the right should open somehow, but can't get it to work. Tried all the other rooms, looked at the maps kindly provided by Darkflamewolf, etc, etc. . . please help!

I'm in exactly the same position as KevG was at the beginning of this thread. Thanks for the help!!

DarkFlameWolf
11-16-2002, 01:44 AM
hmmm. the blocks just left and right of the key should move. But when I went in to look at the quest, there are no block move flags. Which means, I must have taken them out for some unforeseen reason when re-releasing the quest. Blarg. What version are you using to play? I'll update the quest and re-upload it for you all with the block moveable flags in place.

bmowrey
11-16-2002, 01:50 AM
Ah, got your quest from Eckels' site, http://quests.afterblur.com. I'm using 1.92 b163; I know you said 1.90 in the release, but I didn't see that until later.

I appreciate you going back in and fixing this bug. Thanks! -- looking forward to levels 8, 9 and the secret dungeon (I'll find it!)

Edit: I see that Eckels threatened to take the whole thing down if anyone asked to change anything, so don't know how you're going to handle that. . .

DarkFlameWolf
11-16-2002, 08:49 AM
well Eckels should respect a quest builder's initiative to make his/her quest playable to the general public. You can't complete my quest in its current form as it is. And I highly doubt re-uploading a single quest file will take up too much of his precious time. Besides, I can host my own damn quests, even if it means that all of them will be shunned forever from the public database where every person goes to find quests. *sigh*

EDIT: I checked again in that screen and I realized the reason I took out the push flags, when you pushed the blocks, the undercombo would have been broken pots. So to eliminate that, I simply took them out and made the right-wall door simply a shutter door. So defeating all enemies should open it up. If it doesn't, then you have the version that DOES have the blocks able to be moved. So defeat all enemies ANYWAY and try moving the blocks around the key, either left or right.

bmowrey
11-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Um. . . I've tried both methods.

As seen in the screenshot above, all the enemies are dead but the door is still shut. I've slashed all pots, pushed all blocks from every angle possible, and none move. Perhaps the blocks only move outward after you've gotten the key?

I figure other people have solved this quest, so don't know why I'm stuck here, but download the quest from Eckels' site and see what you can find.

Thanks!

DarkFlameWolf
11-18-2002, 12:22 PM
Hmmm...okay, I'll have to update my quests anyway to beta 163. In the meantime, I'll need some testers who are WILLING to go through each of my quests in 163 and make sure I converted them correctly. I don't have the time to play through them again. I'd be willing to give the testers all the info, all the secrets and everything, so you can test everything. Any volunteers?

DarkFlameWolf
11-20-2002, 11:45 AM
hmm, looks like no volunteers.....:eyebrow:

ShadowTiger
11-20-2002, 11:50 AM
I'll do it! I'll be back later.

NeoPuff
11-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Let me test too!
I'll volunteer! :D

I have :D smiley disease :D !

bmowrey
11-20-2002, 12:20 PM
I'll do Fallen One, since I'm most of the way through it already w/ 163 ;)

ShadowTiger
11-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Hey, uh, don't we already HAVE Fallen one? I just finished playing it. I'm up to L2 now. It's a pretty darn good quest, you know. I love your dungeons.

DarkFlameWolf
11-21-2002, 03:11 AM
yes, but you'll have to restart playing it when its converted to 163. So don't get too far into it yet. If you beta testers need ANY help whatsoever on any of the ones being tested, contact me ASAP and I will reveal all. You should all be getting PMs in your boxes soon.

DarkFlameWolf
11-26-2002, 02:16 AM
bah, nevermind. Looks like I'll be testing it all myself it seems.