PDA

View Full Version : Something of my own. By accident somehow.

ShadowTiger
06-07-2002, 02:33 PM
I discovered something by accident. Something that most of you probably already know, but... you never know. You can place quite a few under combos under slashable tiles, like bushes. This won't work for chests of the Flag #10 type and for regular armos undercombos, but will work for all sword slash bushes.

All that you have to do is set all flag 16 - 31 with the thing you want as the undercombo, like a warp or stairs tile, or an entrance or cave, but nothing that should have already have a flag on it, like a fairy or arrow tile.

Then simply place that 16 - 31 flag tile over the bush, and when you slash it it will become anything that you want it to be.

Possible ideas are spike tiles for the really nasty trap, stairs (of the slow walk type) Stairs of the warp type, and you can even make it appear as if vines are growing over a cave. I did that, and people are still congratulating me for it. Try it.

Jigglysaint
06-07-2002, 04:52 PM
Cool! I believe it also works too for the pound combos too.

ShadowTiger
06-13-2002, 09:20 AM
I have already done this, and it works well: Make a pillar of ice using a blue Cset, or the one after Links colors. Make it so if you smash it, it looks like a chip has been knocked off. Smash it again with the hammer, and it looks like it has been smashed even more. Smash it at least three more times, and by now it is a walkable pile of ice shards. (But make it clear that it is now walkable by its appearance.) And most devious of all, make it a damage tile.

And then, you can place a bomb flag over it so if you explode the shards, it clears away the.... mess! It actually works!!!! Enjoy this trick. It makes quests more realistic.

EWild
06-13-2002, 09:46 AM
That's a good trick... actally I'm gonna use it in my quest! THX! :D

Cloral
06-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Thing is though, you can use the bomb right away to completely get rid of the pillar then. You don't have to hit it with the hammer at all.

Dark_Xero
06-13-2002, 04:17 PM
I like the idea though. Now you can have a glass wall that you hit twice and it's all on the ground. Or like you mentioned before, vines that reveal a cave. I'd like to see traps hidden under bushes so it just pops out at you! Oh and Britannian I was reading your sig and you gave me an idea. You could make a row of tile warps that look like the grounbd gooing accross and on the other side have a tile that LOOKS like a new sword or another item!

plith
06-13-2002, 04:34 PM
In the old Descendant, I had it set so that you could uncover some staircases under bushes. The devious part was that there were really two staircases in the room, so after you found one you'd be less likely to look for the other.

Happyman
06-14-2002, 02:08 PM
How did you have 2 staircases? You can only have one tile warp, right?

plith
06-14-2002, 09:34 PM
It was actually a pit warp. ;)