PDA

View Full Version : Link's Bad Hair Day Revisited

PrfectGREG
06-07-2002, 02:14 PM
Cyclone is currently working on a remake of LBHD1. Hes going to redo it with Revenge 2 tiles, and redo all the crappy levels that were really easy. I am also going to add new music and change the strings, not to mention add all the new items and make it harder. Expect it done by the end of summer.

Simmen Stenil
06-08-2002, 12:32 AM
It sounds good, but I thought you hated tilesets... Anyways, are you going to make any other quests?

Simmen Stenil

Raichu86
06-08-2002, 12:50 AM
I don't think he has any problem with tilesets as long as he's not developing with them.

Question: Is the OW gonna be the same as LBHD?

Cyclone
06-08-2002, 01:57 AM
You're guaranteeing the end of summer?

Oh boy...:sweat:

Cyclone

Brasel
06-08-2002, 02:45 AM
Well, harder dungeons and new strings...wouldn't that just be like a completely new game?

K-Teclis
06-08-2002, 09:14 AM
.... well that is what DFW would say...

I'd say it is a new Version of an old game.. Like a good DX or SE or such... Go for it Greg!

PrfectGREG
06-15-2002, 10:56 PM
Its the same over world, but in Revenge 2 tiles

If u remeber in LBHD some of the Levels are like 6 rooms long and many strings were like

'Fuck YOu Youn DUmddb FUCKER!!!!!"

so I am adding more witty comoedy to them.

Its basically the Resident Evil remake of Zelda classic...

taking a borderline good game and making it GREAT!!!!!

Cyclone says hes done with 1/2 the OW too

Cyclone
06-16-2002, 01:36 AM
It's actually a mix of R2 and Bs-Zelda, so far. I might grab more tiles that I take a liking to. Any quest I have password access to, I'm going after for tiles. :)

And you can count on the fact that I'll be in my GQ file looking for tiles. ;) (Unless any creators don't want those tiles used; PM me before I reach the point where I'd import these tiles. It's not for a while, yet, NEway.)

Cyclone

Ich
06-16-2002, 03:59 AM
There is no LBHDV on the horizon? I wouldn't mind redoing the LBHDIII in BS but I'm not sure about revenge tiles.

K-Teclis
06-16-2002, 07:09 AM
No LBHD5??

Why? This would be great! And I could help ya, Greg!

PrfectGREG
06-16-2002, 09:19 AM
I was never planning LBHD5???

I want Cyclone to make the origianl LBHD better so more people play it.

And I will start a new game series all together. Probably using LBHD4 tiles with different colors...(easier on the eyes)

Cyclone
06-16-2002, 11:51 AM
BTW, I'll be releasing a kid-friendly version. Since PrfectGREG loves those God-awful hardcore (and swearing) strings so much, he can do what he wants there; I just won't be playing that one. :laughing:

Updates: I've imported some castle tiles, and house tiles. You know where Level 7 is? That's now going to be a castle. You know where those block houses are? They'll be real houses now, including some ruined buildings. I have to see what role each home plays, in deciding which is which.

As for Level 9, I have to say it; that level is going to be heavily modified. Four rooms isn't much of a Level 9. And not only that one; I plan to make each Level more complex, where I can. 1-3 need heavy remaking, for sure; beyond that, I'll likely be trying to make them more difficult in turn.

Cyclone

Ich
06-16-2002, 10:08 PM
And can you relocate the red ring etc.? The game is too easy like that.

Cyclone
06-17-2002, 02:41 AM
I posted this in another topic, too, but it pretty much belongs in this one, so here:

http://questdb.armageddongames.com/temporarystuff/lbhd_owmap1.bmp

Now THAT'S a facelift, ladies and gentlemen. :D

Cyclone

PrfectGREG
06-17-2002, 06:28 AM
Remeber it sid "poo" the screen above the big rock...

:-P j/k

Cyclone
06-17-2002, 11:02 AM
Remember I'm doing the kid-friendly version. ;)

Maybe I'll type Big Bird, or Elmo, or something. :laughing:

Cyclone