PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Land tileset update!!!

PrinceMSC
06-07-2002, 01:17 AM
Please click this link HERE (http://zc.pixelclick.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=107) to go to PureZC to download the tiles.

New screen shots and demos of the quest will be available at the site only. I will not be posting anymore links or announcements to let you know. If you are at all interested in Mystic Land, book mark the forum Mystic Land and check up on it every 5 days or so.

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

plith
06-07-2002, 06:34 AM
Better yet, bookmark all of PureZC so you can check up on Descendant and Days of Eternity as well. Can't have Prince getting all the attention now, just most of it. ;)

KJAZZ
06-08-2002, 05:51 PM
Heh, more tiles for the public. Now you can't complain when you say Prince hasn't showed us anything. Is this anything? Yes, I believe it is..;)

Descendant is awesome as well. ;)

plith
06-08-2002, 06:47 PM
Who says I'm complaining about him not showing anything? What I'm complaining about is that I've had most of those same tiles for Descendant for so long that it's all the same to me. That and I haven't seen ML in quest form... at all.

KJAZZ
06-09-2002, 12:35 AM
That was mostly to C-Dawg's post a while back, and some ppl asking. We know you don't care plith..;)

But I don't think he has enough of the quest to show off..but who knows? Not me.

PrinceMSC
06-09-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by plith
What I'm complaining about is that I've had most of those same tiles for Descendant for so long that it's all the same to me. That and I haven't seen ML in quest form... at all.

You never started out with those same tiles. When you would compare ML to Des you find that ML was a lot prettier. So you changed to something similar to better your quest. Which I don't blame you. And you have seen screen shots of the actual quest. Of course a lot of the screen shots have changed now because of newer tiles.

However the quest has come to a halt. I hate the fact that quests with one beta will not work with another. I'm also disgusted at how the ZC community hasn't had a newer version in over a year. This would be the best time to fix what bugs there are and make a completed version so everyone can build and play quests over the summer. Now that school is out, a lot of people have the time to do these things but can't because of DNs lack of deciding when to quit adding feature and fix all the bugs.

Originally posted by KJAZZ
But I don't think he has enough of the quest to show off..but who knows? Not me.

I have plenty to show off. The thing is, I'm not going to until I get a beta that will work with newer betas or of course the final version. Which I doubt that will happen until the year 2005.

C-Dawg
06-09-2002, 04:11 AM
Is there anything stopping you from just developing using the very stable, very adequate v152?

-C

PrinceMSC
06-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Is there anything stopping you from just developing using the very stable, very adequate v152?

-C

Yes, there is something stopping me. :darkmage:

C-Dawg
06-10-2002, 02:38 AM
A little icon of a man in a brown cowl is stopping you from developing in 152?

-C

JayeM
06-10-2002, 03:43 AM
C-Dawg, I think that was supposed to represent Dark Nation.
Prince, we wouldn't have all these new features if it weren't for DN. If you're annoyed with him and want to leave him out of the loop, I suggest you use version 1.90. DN is caught between the people demanding a new version right now and the people who keep demanding new features. He's doing the best he can to please everyone, but it can't be done.

Raichu86
06-10-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by JayeM
DN is caught between the people demanding a new version right now and the people who keep demanding new features. He's doing the best he can to please everyone, but it can't be done.

I never looked at it like that. You're right.

I too think DN should wrap it up soon. We've got a HUGE amount of new features and what we can do now as compared to what we could do in 1.90 is probably ten times as much. :)

JayeM
06-10-2002, 01:31 PM
I agree, Raichu. We're all ready for the stability a full release would give us.

PrinceMSC
06-10-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by JayeM
C-Dawg, I think that was supposed to represent Dark Nation.
Prince, we wouldn't have all these new features if it weren't for DN. If you're annoyed with him and want to leave him out of the loop, I suggest you use version 1.90. DN is caught between the people demanding a new version right now and the people who keep demanding new features. He's doing the best he can to please everyone, but it can't be done.

You completely failed to understand my statement! Try reading again!

Originally posted by PrinceMSC
I'm also disgusted at how the ZC community hasn't had a newer version in over a year. This would be the best time to fix what bugs there are and make a completed version so everyone can build and play quests over the summer. Now that school is out, a lot of people have the time to do these things but can't because of DNs lack of deciding when to quit adding feature and fix all the bugs.

PrinceMSC

JayeM
06-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Um, maybe you misunderstood my answer. Besides if you'll check out the BT forum you'll see that I basically agree with you. I didn't seem to make much of an impression though. I know we need a new release, to end all this confusion and allow questmakers to go ahead with confidence that their quests won't be obsolete before they're finished.

At the moment I have an almost complete quest done with beta 148 that no one can play, but I don't know whether to upgrade it to 152 or wait for something more definitive.