PDA

View Full Version : I need to know how to make houses

Zeldageek
06-06-2002, 09:37 PM
I want to know how to make houses. That can pass info so my quest would be easier to do! Please also tell me how to make people. Otherwise, my houses wouldn't come in handy. Please tell me. Then I can get my download ready soon.:grad:

Raichu86
06-07-2002, 01:43 AM
First you must create a dmap of the dungeon type. It MUST contain a level number higher than 0. I recommend not using 1-9. After you do that, create each house screen just like the entrance to a dungeon. Have sidewarps exit to wherever the house is located, and tilewarps from where the house is located to where the room is located. Set up your room type, guy, and message string to whatever you want.

Now, if you want CUSTOM people, you need to eliminate the tile for fire. After that, just create your person, add him to the combo page, make him non walkable, and use CSet2 to make him use cset 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 (which are most commonly used for sprites). Make a new screen, put him on it, set it as layer 1 or 2 (note: you must also have a walkable transparent tile to fill the layer with wherever the sprite you made is not going to be displayed).