PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo!

Elemental Knight
06-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Which Chocobo colour do you perfer?

NOTE: I intentionally left out the Gold Chocobo. The Gold Chocobo, on average, is better in all areas than the other colours. Excluding it, the Chocobos are on approximatly the same ground.]

Masamune
06-06-2002, 06:58 PM
i like the green ones! they can go pretty much anywhere on land. and it's my favorite colour.

Daarkseid
06-06-2002, 07:07 PM
Other than the Gold Chocobos(which were demons at the chocobo races and won me alot of goods and points) I'd say those purple colored(although referred to as black in FFIV, FFV) Chocobos are my favorite, since they can take off and fly.

Masamune
06-06-2002, 07:10 PM
flying is too slow.... and you can only take off and land in certain places.

Ultra22Lemming
06-06-2002, 07:27 PM
Well, I chose red just because it is my favorite color. Does anyone know what the red chocobo does? Or is he just a normal chocobo?

slothman
06-06-2002, 07:30 PM
I choose them all! I've only played FF2/4 and all the chocobos were the same in that so I don't have a favorite.

Rijuhn
06-06-2002, 07:44 PM
I choose white because it looks the coolest. Like it's a royal chocobo or something.

vegeta1215
06-06-2002, 08:45 PM
I never got anything other than a regular yellow Chocobo in FF7, I was too lazy to breed the others to eventually get a Gold one. I plan to beat the ultimate weapon that gives you the Gold one to get one. It'll be hard, but I can do it!

btw, how do you all pronouce Chocobo? Do you say "choco-bo", where the first part sounds like the first part in "chocolate"? Or do you say it "cho-co-bo" where the first part sounds like how you start off saying "cocoa"?

I say it the second way, like cocoa-bo :D

Masamune
06-06-2002, 08:52 PM
the CHO- is said the same way as chocolate. CO- is like co-worker. then the BO is like BOW and arrows.

vegeta1215
06-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Well, I've always said it "cocobo", and will continue to say it like that, so there :tongue:

Elemental Knight
06-06-2002, 09:03 PM
I pronounce it as "Choke-A-Bow", 'Bow' being 'Bow-and-Arrows' and not 'Bow-before-me!'.

Lemming: In FFVII, it's simply a matter of genetics, breeding, and where they can go that makes a Chocobo colour different from another colour. However, in FFT, the Red Chocobo was the strongest (but it couldn't move as far as the Black Chocobo, who could fly short distances), as the Red Chocobo could cast Choco Meteor.

mrz84
06-06-2002, 09:58 PM
blue cause its :kawaii:! :kawaii:

Jemsee
06-07-2002, 01:17 AM
I voted yellow and green.
Yellow 'cus it is there natural color and green 'cus I like the look of it.
I think in FF7 you have to get the gold one to get "Knights of the Round" one of the best summons there is in the game.

mrz84
06-07-2002, 01:35 AM
that is true jemsee. to get knights of the round you must have the gold chocobo or it will just sit there and collect dust. :kawaii:

Korn Guy
06-07-2002, 01:01 PM
Blue cause its my favorite color and blue wasnt on there.

Daarkseid
06-07-2002, 04:25 PM
Actually, if any of you have played FFX(which is doubtful), you'd notice the people in that game pronounce them Cho-co-bos, maintaining that same O sound. If there were any worthwhile source for proper pronunciation, you might as well get it from the game makers themselves.

HyperShadow
06-10-2002, 02:32 AM
i chose the black chocobo because black is my second favorite color and i like shadows and stuff,my first favorite color is silver

Drunken Tiger
06-10-2002, 08:20 AM
Sorry to sound like an idiot.. But what are chocobos???:confused:

Elemental Knight
06-10-2002, 10:15 AM
Chocobos are animals similar to ostriches and chikens - about the size of an ostrich, but with wings like a chicken. They've appeared in every FF game since II, and have had starring roles in Seiken Densetsu I, Final Fantasy V, and minor roles in Tactics, FF: Mystic Quest, and Final Fantasy IX, and are just transportation in everything else. They come in a variety of colours, with Yellow being the most common (usually used for riding), and the colours becoming more rare from there up until Gold, which can walk anywhere. White Chocobos were used for transportation in FFIV, and Purple could fly in the same game (but they could only land in forests). In Tactics, you could actually bring Chocobos (and other monsters) into your group to fight for you; Red could cast ChocoMeteor, Yellow could use ChocoCure, and Black could fly all around the field. Since FFVI, the Chocobo has become more and more popular, now neck-and-neck with the Moogle in terms of kawainess.