PDA

View Full Version : Boss flags

Yobumcha
06-06-2002, 04:20 PM
What are these boss flags.Somebody mentioned a key block using boss flags.What can you do with boss flags. I wanna make a good quest with good tricks in it. If I new what boss flags were I might be able to do a good quest.:confuse2: :confused: :confuse2: :confused:

The Savior
06-06-2002, 04:46 PM
Just so you know, a "good quest" is entirely possible with classic graphics, and using absolutly no tricks like that, don't get caught up with loading your quest down with them...

Jigglysaint
06-06-2002, 05:30 PM
It's mostly for show. The boss flag basically tells the screen that there' a boss there. Any enemy can be a boss. If you kill an enemy on one screen with a boss flag, the other screens on the same d-map with the boss flag will be killed too when you enter. Also, when the boss flag is triggered, all boss sound effects cease to sound.

Yobumcha
06-06-2002, 06:10 PM
ok,but how do you create a key block?

Tygore
06-06-2002, 07:21 PM
I suppose you could make the enemy in the room a left-right trap, redo it (when new enemy tiles are 100% in, it'll help) to look like a block. Place it between two solid objects so it can't go anywhere. Turn on the boss flag. Make it so when you kill another enemy, you get a misc. item that looks like a key. Have that enemy's room have boss flags turned on.

Jigglysaint
06-06-2002, 08:37 PM
No, ge the key block graphic, put a secret flag on it and set the boss flag. Now place a trigger enemy(you need the new betas for this) and then go to the screen with the key. Make the item "kill all enemies" a key and place that in the room with a trigger enemy and set the boss flag. Get the key, the key block opens up(don't forget to set the enemies-secret flag on the first screen).

DarkSFK
06-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Wouldn't that make it so the block disappears when you enter???

Jigglysaint
06-06-2002, 10:59 PM
What were you expecting? Sometimes you have to make do with what you have. I think Nick has a solution for that though.

ShadowTiger
06-07-2002, 03:45 PM
These all sound like brilliant ideas, and I will try them all as soon as I can. All hail Jigglysaint!

Jigglysaint
06-07-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
These all sound like brilliant ideas, and I will try them all as soon as I can. All hail Jigglysaint!

Finally, my skills go noticed.

If only I could finish a quest....

Nick
06-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by DarkSFK
Wouldn't that make it so the block disappears when you enter???

There are two ways to fix that (maybe more).

1) Set the secret flag in front of the key block to be a pit so it warps you to an identical screen without the key blocks.

2) If the key block is on a cave dmap, you can cause some permanent trigger combos to appear around the key block once you have the key. Now, think of an item Link will definately not have at that point in the quest. Place the trigger flag for that item on the key block and assign it to whatever the keyblock will look like after being unlocked. When Link steps on the permanent trigger, the key block will vanish. Note this is better done in 152, but you can do it in 104 in earlier levels.

Yobumcha
06-08-2002, 05:03 PM
Thanks this will help me.:D