PDA

View Full Version : Now I appreciate the rules here...

inori
06-06-2002, 04:09 AM
I went to FIFA's site (www.fifa.com) trying to read all I could about the World Cup. They have a message board set up, and I ventured in there. It's so full of garbage it's ridiculous. There's very little of value to be found there, and you have to sift through pages of people posting silly posts with no substance and/or attacking each other personally in order to find anything.

Now I see what can happen to a message board without basic controls against spamming and flaming. It's too bad that FIFA can't put a better-organized board together for such a popular event.

Drunken Tiger
06-06-2002, 04:54 AM
Is that all?? You should see this forum we have over here.. The admins abuse their powers sooo much.. they go around and edit all the posts so it looks like the person who posted it is a dickhead...That is why i like this forum... its not corrupt!!:D

Or is it.....:scared:

goKi
06-06-2002, 08:57 AM
yeah, agn is one of the best run sites i know of. people may complain, and if they want to, maybe they should head over to one of the no rules forums.

DarkPanther
06-06-2002, 09:40 AM
Agreed.

Several forums I've seen recently are poorly run and have post after post after post of 3 words and little relevancy to the topic.

It's just like living at home here. You may not like the rules all the time, but deep down inside, you know that it's for your own well being. And the well being of the ones you love. And the well being of kittens. Yes. The well being of kittens and their cute little faces. Indeed.... this is a place to be glorified....

Rainman
06-06-2002, 10:21 AM
Now let's not play suck up to AGN now. ;) This board is good, but definitely not the best run sites. We're improving all the time though. :)

Korn Guy
06-06-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
That is why i like this forum... its not corrupt!!:D

Or is it.....:scared:

OH it is corrupt my friend, it is. AGN is the a bigger scheme than the tobbacco business. AGN is the most addictive drug in the world. Its the perfect drug, the perfect drug, AGN is the perfect drug.....

Im Addicted to AGN and I dont mind! :odd:

J.J. Maxx
06-06-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Now let's not play suck up to AGN now. ;) This board is good, but definitely not the best run sites.

Rainman has been removed from our staff. :thumbsup:

We are the best run site ever! No corruption here! ;)

mike5000
06-06-2002, 12:52 PM
YEY can I take Rainmans Spot!

J/K :D

Glenn the Great
06-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Well, I can tell you all that I've worked hard to make AGN the way it is now by writing up the member handbook and making sure that the staff are enforcing the rules and punishments go by the book. A lot of people complain about how serious we are about things here, and how we are ruining everyone's fun, but they just don't realize how unfun things would be if AGN became like the FIFA boards and so many others.

Rijuhn
06-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Yeah, AGN is a really cool place to be. My first message board was IGN, and it quickly became shit, and I hauled everything over to AGN, and I've been here ever since. I love this place, and it's members, because you all are very understanding, and not as judgemental as most places. And most importantly, the rules are enforced.

SUCCESSOR
06-06-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Glenn the Great
Well, I can tell you all that I've worked hard to make AGN the way it is now by writing up the member handbook

Oh yeah that hand book is great. It help me so much I don't think I'll ever break another rule again. I mean the way you tried to make yourself sound intellegent was overpowering! I can feel the bursts of AGN policy flow through my poor wretch membership.

SUCCESSOR
06-06-2002, 02:56 PM
I really loved the part on multiple posts that was genius

SUCCESSOR
06-06-2002, 02:57 PM
God knows I would have never thought to call it double posting! damn I think I'll go read it again so I never break another rule!

DarkPanther
06-06-2002, 03:02 PM
rotflol...

jman2050
06-06-2002, 03:08 PM
I've been to many other boards and I have to say, this is one of the most well kept ones. I like these and the Gamefaqs boards. And you have to appreciate the Gamefaqs boards because the admin actually wrote the entire board system himself! PRetty good job, I must say.

Yeah, AGN is serious, but at least that keeps out troublemakers :D .

Paradox
06-06-2002, 03:27 PM
yes this is very well run. but there is always room for improvement, and one cannot always filter out the corrupt people.

The Silent Assassin
06-06-2002, 04:34 PM
Well, they just create those type of forums for the traffic...they don't care about the "quality", just the quantity.

slothman
06-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Fortunately AGN has enough people that both quantity and quality are generally around. There is a lot to talk about and most of it is good too. Of course there are same baddies. Like all those with member numbers less than or equal to 1276. Maybe we could just get rid of them. :D
I just looked at the site and keep talking about round footballs. Footballs are pointy not round. And they don't seem to mention soccer balls. :)

J.J. Maxx
06-06-2002, 04:53 PM
SUCCESSOR, you know better than to triple post. This is your first warning. You just came back to the forums and you're already doing nothing but causing trouble.

Yeah the cool thing about AGN is that it isn't run by just one person and can still be run very well even when some of the higher-ups are MIA. ;)

obi
06-06-2002, 04:54 PM
AGN has a special zaz (in search of a better word). If you take that 'zaz' away, you will no loner have AGN.