PDA

View Full Version : My AGN Future

Kratheous
06-06-2002, 01:09 AM
Okay, this is kinda one of those "goodbye" like posts, kinda not.

First, I want to publicly announce a few things... All of them are resignations, and most of them deal with ZC.

1) Quest Database- been fun workin here, and still might help out when needed, but I'm not an official staff member.

2) Absolute Zelda Classic- was planning on hosting this on my site, but it hasn't moved yet, so I guess it won't. It's been great workin with DC and GT on this, and once again, will help when needed, but I'm not an official staff member.

3) Midishop- Well, I'm not actually staff, but I was also planning on hosting this on my site. (Menokh, I'll be PMing you after I post this)

4) Beta Testing- I resign my position. DN, if you read this, don't worry about the forums, they can still stay, and I assure you, there won't be a security breach, not even by me.

5) Knight's Templar Colosseum- I've talked to Glenn, and I'm sure he can find someone better to replace me.

Okay, second off, is my ranting. Most people wouldn't realize (and won't be able to tell even) that if I just resigned like this under normal circumstances, some of these places would at least go through one of those "bad shape" phases. Take the Quest Database for example, we were going to switch to vBulletin, and I was paying for it. But since I'm resigning, I can't give them the vB anymore. If I just "leave" without offering further help, the QDB would go through a stage where nothing gets done because they'd first have to find new software (or use old software) and then figure out a new way of submission. I'm helping with all of that, so you won't see the "phase" come. My big point is, I can compare myself to Eckels in a way such as I do things no one knows about, nor does anyone care about, but if I ceased to care, there would be major problems.

Now, the ending. I may leave AGN, I may not... I will definately stop in a lot less, though. And as funny as it seems, according to my clock, I am posting this on the day exactly one year after the day I signed up... Nice one-year anniversary present to AGN, huh?

Well, anyways, that's my ranting and announcements for the day (and don't think I'm whining here, I'm just expressing opinions).

~Kratheous~

Drunken Tiger
06-06-2002, 01:13 AM
Sorry to see you go man!!:(

Hope you still come by often!!

Menokh
06-06-2002, 01:19 AM
I don't know what to say.
But I can undestand. You had alot of responsibility, perhaps too much for someone your age.

One little not-very-important question: What is happenning with the AZC database?

Anyhow, I'm awaiting the PM, and will read over it when I get it. I will try to reply tonight, no guarentees though.

Cyclone
06-06-2002, 01:56 AM
A turning point in how much gets done behind the scenes. I recalll that Krath. did a lot, like Eckels (who was an admin. no less).

Cyclone

Fiyerstorm
06-06-2002, 02:33 AM
I'm gonna miss transforming you from a Zora to a Hylian to a Princess in drag... :cry:

You better stop by the chat once in a while! Bai dude!

*b*
06-06-2002, 10:52 AM
sorry to see you go man! (hopes he can get your spot in the betatesters) (j/k)

obi
06-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Damn Krath, shane you'ed resign. you done good man. :thumbsup:

Korn Guy
06-06-2002, 12:40 PM
Farewell, hope you are successfull in leaving this trap!

The Silent Assassin
06-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Take it easy, whatever you decide to do.

King Link
06-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Too bad you're leaving, but I guess it does make sense. Anyway, good luck.

Masamune
06-06-2002, 06:37 PM
i didn't know you had so much rsponsiblity here. sry to see you go man... :(

PrfectGREG
06-06-2002, 09:07 PM
Aww Krath, thats too bad ur a good kid!

Glad to see u respected my old mod spot at the KTC. I would ask 4 it back, but I dont want it.

have a good one Krath :)

Zeo
06-07-2002, 11:13 AM
HEY! SHOO YOU BETA TESTER WANNABE VULTURES! :D

That's DN's call ayway.

Have a good life Krath.