PDA

View Full Version : Damn, I've forgotten how fun Quake 1 CTF is...

AlexMax
06-05-2002, 12:38 AM
Bored, I installed Quake and Threewave/Thunderwalker CTF for the hell of it. I decided to join the one CTF server that was still up and kicking, with about 10 other people.

Let me say this.

This is the most fun I've had in a long time. Period.

I mean, what is there NOT to love about Thunderwalker...

1. The lightning gun has been replaced with a KICK ASS SNIPER RIFLE! COOLIES!
2. The maps are AWESOME, even better than most maps made for CTF today.
3. There are almost too many runes....almost...
4. No matter how you slice it, nothing is more satisfying in ANY game than shooting a Quake 1 Rocket Launcher. Pure bliss.

Perhaps other people are still interested in Quake? Who still plays?

AGN Quake server, maybe?

vegeta1215
06-05-2002, 12:43 AM
Cool man.

I never played CTF with Quake 1, but I did play Paintball Quake! :D All the guns were replaced with paintball guns, ammo with paint balls, and you picked up different barrels and stuff. It was basically like CTF - two almost identical forts, one red, one blue, and two teams try to get each other's flags. But, when you got shot in paintball Quake, you were out for like 30 seconds. But, there were some very cool sound effects and it was fun.

Boy that was a long time ago...

The Savior
06-05-2002, 07:50 AM
I've been trying to get people to play Rocket Arena, but due to some events beyond my control it never got started. I'm going try again once I get my network set up.

AlexMax
06-05-2002, 09:31 AM
Rocket Arena is awesome, but Clan Arena on DM3 is WAY overplayed. There are other maps in the Rocket Arena package, damnit. ^_^

Korn Guy
06-05-2002, 09:59 AM
I was really in to Quake a while back but I didnt play on line much. Do you know where I could get Threewave/Thunderwalker CTF? Sounds awesome. An AGN server would rock. I know I'd be on all the time.

The Savior
06-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Rocket Arena is awesome, but Clan Arena on DM3 is WAY overplayed. There are other maps in the Rocket Arena package, damnit. ^_^

Last time I was on Gamespy, DM3 was the ONLY map bening played. It really sucks.

AlexMax
06-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Ditto

And I was lucky to find people who played CTF last night. Today, it's either Team Fortress or a few RA servers.

The Savior
06-05-2002, 06:55 PM
Team Fortress is good, but it would be nice to see some servers for other mods.

[edit] Anyone want to play tonight? I'll set up a listen server.