PDA

View Full Version : zelda 1.9 propblem!

mike5000
06-05-2002, 12:14 AM
I just downloaded zelda again and when I goto start a normal quest it gives me some error saying cannot find homepage and somthing a bout some jarred guy then says file not found! what do I do??

-and can you use a controller? I recently bought the new Logitech Wingman Cordless controller and I see that ZC only has joystick settings so is it possible for me to use my controller?

thanks!

EDIT-Okay I fixed the quest thing but can I use my controller?

Menokh
06-05-2002, 12:27 AM
Glad you fixed the quest thing.

As for your controller. It won't work. Most USB controllers will not work in Zelda Classic. And your Logitech WireLess controller is USB.
In ZC you can use controllers that plug into the controller/midi port on your soundcard, but those are getting harder and harder to find. Also Gravis Gamepad Pro controllers will work if set up properly.

mike5000
06-05-2002, 01:40 PM
That sucks...so there is no way that they could make ZC compatabe with USB?

wolfgang_777
06-05-2002, 06:17 PM
they should caus that would help alot of people

Mak-X
06-05-2002, 07:05 PM
What about the Windows version? Isn't it because USB doesn't work in DOS?

Thunderbird
06-05-2002, 10:51 PM
I've found that the Windows version is less supportive of joysticks than the DOS version is. I tried to use my Gravis GamePad Pro USB with it, but the game wasn't reading the buttons when I was trying to configure it.

USB joysticks could probably work in DOS (after all, the GamePad Pro and Sidewinder gamepads work in a Windows DOS box as standard joysticks, where the same option would cause some bizarre occurences in DOS Mode).

Demimore
06-07-2002, 04:04 AM
go into ag.cfg, edit the qst dir:
c:\zelda (or wherever you have ZC)....

Cyclone
06-07-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by wolfgang_777
they should caus that would help alot of people

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you actually put some thought into your posts? I'm sure DN knows, but at the same time will have a hard time figuring out how to do it. If he can, I'm sure many would be happy.

NEway, the solution to ANY controller problem is simple: use the keyboard. :tongue:

Cyclone

Mak-X
06-07-2002, 01:19 PM
Using the keyboard is not the same though. Its like your playing and your detached from the game. There's a lot more control playing with a joystick, playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Plus the keyboard hurts my hands! I can't grip it right!

I use a Gravis Gamepad that connects to my PC by the joystick port, so it works fine for everything. Though I need to buy a new one because the control pad is out of wack and won't align right anymore, which makes it hell playing Zelda because Link keeps fidgiting around, making it difficult to stay still and avoid attacks.