PDA

View Full Version : dungeon problems

DarkSFK
06-04-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm making a quest in which you have no walls and walk to the next screen. But when I test this, link cant walk over the edge of the screen. I sthis because of the dngn template? Is it possible to make it so I can walk on the edge?

supertails2001
06-04-2002, 09:16 PM
If it's a dungeon DMap, you're unable to move certain places, I think. I'm not sure, but try changing it.

Petoe
06-04-2002, 09:24 PM
When the type of the Dmap is "dungeon", you can´t walk on the edges of the screen if there are no walls. But you just have to change the type to "cave", and then you can make freeform dungeons...BUT, when the type of the Dmap is "cave", you CAN´T use locked doors and shutters because they work only in "dungeons".
That should solve your problem, but if you want to make a freeform dungeon with locked doors and shutters, there is a way to do that. For a newbie it might be a little complicated, but maybe somebody else will tell you how to make shutters in "caves" and how you can add locked doors in your freeform dungeon, if that´s what you want to know too.

throttleman
06-05-2002, 12:01 AM
Does it involve drawing in the doors and using secret combos to make them appear to change?

DarkSFK
06-05-2002, 02:13 PM
Actually, I htink i have it. You use a side warp. Or something like that. I think Cloral knows. Im gonna ask him.

miketyson986
01-18-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm making a quest in which you have no walls and walk to the next screen. But when I test this, link cant walk over the edge of the screen. I sthis because of the dngn template? Is it possible to make it so I can walk on the edge?

Nice approach,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for sharing