PDA

View Full Version : My connection is evil, and especially hates Gnutella Clients.

Mitsukara
06-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Okay... I have a dial-up connection which usually runs anywhere between 28.8k and 48k. Prior to the Gnutella network's updating, both Morpheus and Limewire ran fairly well, and served my purposes adequetly.

However, when the Gnutella network updated.....

Niether Gnucleus, Morpheus Preview Edition, nor Limewire ever manage to connect to the Gnutella Network. I've left both Gnucleus and Morpheus Preview trying to connect for a few hours (though not at the same time, of course) and they never succeeded. I also left Limewire trying to connect for about 10minutes today, and it didn't make any progress on connecting, either...

The only other Gnutella client that I know of is Kazaa, which I haven't tried yet. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what I could do (I.E. settings to change on some of the clients, clients that are more likely to work with my connection, etc).

theplustwo
06-04-2002, 05:53 PM
well, I don't know much about the Gnutella network, but I do know that Kazaa uses the fastrack network, which is what Morpheus used to use before it switched.

EDIT: Also, I hear good things about BearShare, although I've never tried it. *downloads BearShare*